Thursday, March 1

Farewell to a Loved One

My great-uncle George passed away this week after a long battle with cancer. I didn't see him often, but he was like a father to my mom - and much like an uncle to me. I was sorry that he did not get to meet James, but he did get to see me close to the end of my pregnancy - and told me I was "a most beautiful creature". I will miss him. I prayed that our Baby Plett would be among those to greet him at Heaven's gate. I'm a little jealous that Uncle George will meet Baby Plett before I get to! Here is his obituary as it appeared in the Winnipeg Free Press. We are all very thankful that his suffering is over, and in many ways we are celebrating the fact that he has now gone Home. Please pray for my great-aunt Donna, and the kids, David, Dana (a stepdaughter) and her husband Stephané, and Reid (a stepson).

6 comments :

Becky said...

Praying.

(((HUGS)))

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

I'll be Praying too!

-Me- said...

I'll be keeping your family in my prayers, as well, and am truly sorry for your loss.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I was praying for you today that the roads wouldn't stop you from getting to the funeral.
Thanks for the soup...it was good.

Kimberley said...

We are also praying. I tried posting a comment already yesterday but it wouldn`t let me so although it is a little late we are still praying!

Erica H said...

So sorry for your loss. Praying RIGHT now for your family.