Wednesday, May 24

Successful Shopping

Jeryn and I had a fabulous time shopping in Grand Forks on Saturday. It was a beautiful day, and the sun shone brightly on the highway as we made our way across the border. It was nice to be able to speak without guilt about baby stuff! We asked each other all kinds of questions, and discussed everything under the sun. Our first stop was the mall, where we spent our time in JC Penney, Victoria Secret and of course, Bath & Body Works! We both had a lot of luck at JC Penney, and the clothes were really cute (and a size smaller than here in Winnipeg, so it makes you feel good about yourself). We both took out a pretty good haul there, including some cute baby clothes that we all on sale. Plus, we got another 10% off at the till! We had a nice Subway lunch in the food court, and then it was more shopping. We headed off to Gordman's, with our 20% coupons in hand. Unfortunately, they had no maternity clothes in. I ended up finding a neat stone angel lawn ornament, and Jeryn found some goodies too. From there we headed to Super Target. Wow, I could have seriously maxed out the credit card there! I was finding things I liked left, right and center - including baby furniture! I remained in control of myself, and just picked up a few little things, and some treats for Ryan. Old Navy was last, but not least, on our list. We actually had a lot of good finds there too, and we both found some clothes for our hubbies. We finished off our trip with supper at Arby's, and made the trek home to unpack all our great stuff. My find of the day had to be the camouflage capris I found at JC Penney. I love them, and they are so comfortable (see pic)! Thanks for all the good advice we got girls - we definately heeded your warnings, and tried not to buy too much stuff all at once.

3 comments :

Ang said...

YOU LOOK SOOOOO CUUUUUTE HEATHER! Greatest pants ever!

Anonymous said...

I KNEW you'd love them! If they fit you when you are here (I say that only based on the size of your tummy), you can borrow them for a day.

Christine said...

Happy to hear that your shopping trip went well. I love shopping in Grand Forks. I totally agree with you on Super Target! I could totally see myself over spending in that store!