Wednesday, May 10

Going to see the Doc

So I've made myself an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow afternoon. Just making the appointment already makes me feel better, so I'm glad I just sucked it up and did it.

I was talking on the phone to a friend yesterday, and she was asking me why I was so hesitant to just go see my doctor if I was worried. It was a good question, and after talking about it for some time I admitted to her that it was fear holding me back. Fear that this appointment, (which sort of feels like a similar scenario to when I went in when we found out the baby had died), will end up the same way. We both found it interesting that without my conscious knowledge, my body was fearful of the pain that could potentially come from bad news, and was making me hesitant to go see the doctor. And here I just thought I was being unreasonable! Anyway, she talked me through it, and I built up the courage to call and make the appointment.

I prayed about it last night, and I already feel some peace about it all. I'm thankful for that. I'm pretty sure everything will be fine. I've just got to have faith!

4 comments :

Janelle said...

you know that i'm thinking about ya! i will pray for you lots tonite as you try to get some sleep before the appointment.

Christine said...

I have never met you before, but you will definitly be in my prayers tomorrow! (and always of cource).

Trev and Rebekah said...

I will be praying for you. I am glad you decided to go. Let me know how it is.
God will be with you every step of the way.

Nin said...

Am glad to hear you're heading to your doctor. God is in complete control of this pregnancy. Remember how faithful He's been through it all, and how He will continue to reveal His faithfulness through this pregnancy as well.