Friday, May 5

Proof of Life

If you would ask me how I'm doing today, my answer would be FANTASTIC! Ryan and I went to a doctor's appointment yesterday, and it was my dream to hear a heartbeat. I had already mentally prepared myself to not hear it, because 12 weeks is still fairly early. While the doctor was weighing me (I have gained 3 lbs. - woohoo - never gained anything in the last pregnancy), she asked if I wanted to try to hear the heartbeat. I said I did, and she warned me that we may not hear anything, and if I would be alright with that. I think she knows me better than I know myself! She probably knew that on the outside I would appear really strong, and cool as a cucumber, but on the inside I would be panicking if we didn't hear anything. Well, she conceded to try - and so I hopped up on her table to get ready. She moved the doppler around for a while, but couldn't hear anything, and was just about to give up. In my head I was saying "Lord, it would be so cool to hear it...". Just then, the doctor said, "There it is!".

thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump...

Tears immediately started flowing down my cheeks, but I said nothing, and I was holding my breath - I didn't want to miss one beat! She said, "It gets quieter and louder because your baby is moving all over the place!". We were all stoked - what a blessing! A heartbeat at 12 weeks. Wow. I was just praising God, and saying "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" in my head. It was amazing. I have tears pouring down my cheeks as I type this, because... it was just amazing. I finally feel like I can get excited now, and totally fall in love with this little baby. Thank you everyone, for your continued prayers and support.

8 comments :

Christine said...

I have read your blog from the very beginning, and I have to give you credit for posting your feelings and emotions. I am sooooo happy for you and I pray that God will lead you though this pregnancy safely.

Nin said...

Wow, what an amazing feeling to know that you're carrying a new growing life inside you, that has a beating heart, little finger and toes....
So neat that God gave you that special blessing :)

Janelle said...

i remember hearing Kamryn's heartbeat SO clearly. I was amazed every time. What a miracle! I can't wait to touch your little belly in a couple of weeks!!

patti said...

oh heather! I'm so happy for you and ryan. what an amazing miracle. that heartbeat makes it sooo real. i can imagine you can't stop smiling! hehe

Wenona said...

Yeeahh Heather! I am cheering for you guys and praying for you all the time that your baby hangs on and continues to grow strong and healthy. I hope you have an awesome day and rest of the weekend.

Heather said...

Thanks you guys!

Janelle - Can't wait to see you too! When are you coming? Is there going to be a big shin dig, or what?

Patti - You're totally right, I can't wipe the grin off my face.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Yeah!!
I can only imagine how excited you are.
God has been so good to you.

Bonnie B said...

You sound like a joyful soul. I wish you the best with this pregnancy. I could hear the love and excitment in your writing-- how beautiful. Congratulations.