Thursday, February 26

A Bit More Detail

Alright, so now that I've relaxed some I can tell you how things went today. First off, I knew that I had an army praying for me. A STRONG army, and it gave me so much hope that I found the strength last night to plead my case to Christ. In the morning my hope had been renewed, and I BELIEVED I could see a miracle happen. I told my hubby that I was going in with "my guns a blazin'"! There was a particular tech that I didn't want to have (again), but that was the only prayer NOT answered. I had the same old technician - but we didn't have to be in the "room of gloom". We were in a different room than I had been in before. He was nicer than usual, and more talkative which really helped me to relax. He didn't say much, but eventually he asked if my husband would want to come in and see. I said "yes"! When he left to get Ryan he told me that everything looked fine. When he came back he showed the baby to us. Heart was beating, and it had little arms and legs, and even turned to look at us! It wiggled around a lot! It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
I kept this page of verses with me during the ultrasound, and they really encouraged me. Thanks to everyone who shared special verses and songs with me. I listened and read ALL of them.
When I got home, my DOPPLER had arrived! I didn't win the one from Ebay though. I found a Canadian company online called "Dopplers to Diapers" who rent out hospital quality dopplers! They sent it to me within two days! I tried it out this afternoon, and guess what?! I heard a nice strong heartbeat right away! From my count it was 168 beats per minute. I have it for a month (or longer if I choose). I think this thing will be my new best buddy.
As far as baby goes, there are still lots of questions. Why the signs of trouble (which haven't totally gone away)? Why the dropping hormone level? I really hope that these are just little hiccups, and that we have nothing further to worry about. The stats of losing a baby after 11 weeks are pretty tiny. Keep us in your prayers!
Oh, and I finally snapped a belly picture this afternoon (as seen above)! I love how the sun is washing over the photo. Just God's love pouring out on us.

13 comments :

maresi said...

GOD IS SO, SO GOOD! PRAISE JESUS! Heather, this is wonderful. God will give you enough strength for every day. He renews it every day just like he sent the manna every day to the Israelites. Trust Him every morning. I'll keep praying!

Wenona said...

Kay, now I'm crying! Thanks for the update Heather and PRAISE GOD! I've been praying for you and I believe that we all stormed Heaven's gates for your little baby.

Jobina said...

*so* happy for you!

Leslee said...

YES! I knew it! This baby is YOURS!! So glad to hear! I will continue to pray for you...many blessings to your family!

Lena said...

I am so relieved! Yay!!

Christy said...

Awsome news Heather!!! God is so good!!!! '

Continuing to pray for you!

Erica H said...

YEEEAAAAH!!! What a relief! Praise God! And how ironic that you got your dopplar in the mail today - awesome!

Jessica said...

I had a feeling things would be just fine. HCG levels do drop later on as the placenta begins to take over.. maybe thats why? I'm not sure but just a thought. And i bled in all of my pregnancies- 4 times with my son who is now 2 months old.. at 7, 8 1/2, 10, and 21 weeks. And every ultrasound showed things were just fine. An ultrasound at 11 weeks is very reassuring :)

Jamie said...

Hallelujah! I missed all the drama that happened, but I'm relieved to see that the outcome was positive and that baby is still fine! Isn't it amazing to see them moving around in there so early? Grow baby grow!!

Lindsay said...

At the risk of sounding completely arrogant; I KNEW IT!! I had such peace about your baby. Of course you can say, "sure you weren't directly affected by the situation" but I just knew. Praise the Lord! God is awesome!! so happy for you!!! :) xoxo

Beth said...

I thought I would check in before I left for work to see how u are doing... Now I have mascara running down my face!:) I am so happy for you and your growing family!! I think I will definitely rent a doppler my next pregnancy... how comforting to be able to listen to your lil ones heart beat whenever you want.

Robin Fehr said...

Oh good! You got the dopler! I can't wait to hear that little heartbeat!

Anna-b-bonkers said...

I am so glad to read that things look good! I will pray too that the baby hangs in there and that your body gets over these hic ups.