Thursday, February 19

I Love My Tub

Yes, this is me in the bathtub. Too graphic? So sorry. But I just had to talk about how much I have been LOVIN' my tub! I don't know that there are many other things that can end my day better than sneaking up to the bathtub after James goes down for the night. I light up my vanilla candle, pour in some yummy bubble bath, stick on my blow-up backrest, and just sink into the warm water. The worries and stress of the day just melt into the suds. Sometimes I'll open my eyes, not even knowing that I had closed them, and have no idea how much time has actually passed. The aches and pains I've had lately also seem to soak right into the water, and I feel so much better when I crawl into bed. No, I couldn't take baths to replace the daily shower. Baths are simply for moments like this, when you have nothing else to do, and you just want to unwind. Ahhhhhhh... I just love a good tub!

9 comments :

Trev and Rebekah said...

I need to enjoy my tub a bit more. I used to only take baths until I went to bible school where I had to learn to use showers and now I prefer those.

Chris said...

Amen! Baths are wonderful!

Erica H said...

I take a bath lately almost every single night! In fact, this post reminds me I need to buy more bath salts today! It relaxes my tired, achy preggo back and hips. The only downside of taking a bath at 9 months pregnant is I can't get out of it as easily - Ha! :)

maresi said...

oh, what a blessing for you! It'll feel even better the further along you get in this pregnancy.

And seriously, that wasn't graphic AT ALL.

Gina said...

I totally agree with you!! I take a bath every night, and if I don't something is missing, the tub is one of my favourite places to be :)

Wenona said...

Towards the end of my pregnancy I took baths almost every night to relieve my body of the aches and pains I was feeling! Although not a pretty sight looking like a beached whale, it sure felt good!
I should get myself one of those back rest thingys, otherwise it just gets uncomfortable!

Robin Fehr said...

Ha ha! Great post Heather! I also concluded that right now my tub is my "oasis". With a little go-getter on my hands, that's the closest thing to silence and sanity that I can get my hands on!
I also like that feeling of drifting in and out of sleep. Mmmmm.... sleep....

Becky said...

ME TOO! And of course, the fatter I get the more I feel the need for a good weightless soak. Right now we have this awesome jacuzzi soaker tub. It's so deep that I can float in it. Our new house has a tub that is only about 2 inches deep. (Yes, I'm exaggerating, but this upsets me greatly.) Something MUST be done. A good bath is CRITICAL to my sense of wellness.

Janelle said...

i have taken a bath every single day this week! :) the good part about having a concussion! haha.. i average about 2 hours a bath, and my People magazines keep me company.
i'm sooo glad you can relax and have some YOU time in your bath!!