Friday, May 26

Capers & Coffee Cravings

Just thought I'd give you a little update on my latest symptoms, and lack of symptoms. I feel much, much better this week. Energy levels are coming back, and I'm not really nauseous at all anymore. Even my libido seems to have come back to life a little bit.

I was bragging to my mother-in-law yesterday that I seem to be hungry more often, but so far haven't had a bigger appetite. Well, I had to eat my words! The waitress brought out a plate of capers, because a few people at the table had never tried them. I ended up polishing the rest off on my own. After that, I finished off a large Greek salad, a couple of bread sticks, and my entire plate of cannelloni stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach, and smothered in rose sauce! Usually I would have brought at least part of it home. In fact, as I kept eating I would stop and think "I must be full". But no! I wanted more, so I just kept eating. Then on our way home I was already craving a stop at DQ! I decided I had eaten enough, and we had ice cream at home if I still wanted it later. I also noticed yesterday that my sandals were tight on my feet - so I must be swelling a little bit now too. How exciting!

I am suspicious of a few "flutters" I've been feeling - but nothing that I can officially say was movement. I'll keep waiting for the moment that I can say "THAT was the baby". I also seem to have a little extra saliva, and a stuffy nose. But other than all of that - I feel fantastic. Some part of me wishes to go back to feeling sick - because that always reassured me that things were going well. Now that I feel fine I worry a bit more again, but I'm fighting it - with God's help, and the prayers of my family and friends. I get to meet my Obstetrician next week, so I'm excited about that. She will likely listen for the heartbeat, so that will give me peace of mind for another week or two.

This morning I also had my first desire to drink coffee since... who knows when! It tasted so good, but hopefully I can keep my coffee drinking to a minimum.

8 comments :

Amber said...

Capers? Hmmmmm, I don't think I've ever heard of that before! I just looked them up.....interesting! They don't serve those at Applebees or Red Lobster (the extent of my dining experiences!)

Heather said...

Amber - they are really salty, and taste good on fish, and in some pasta dishes. I have some at home if you ever want to try one.

Amber said...

Ha! That's funny...the link you added was EXACTLY the website I checked out before. It was nice seeing you at the Cafe today ;)

patti said...

heather, so glad that you're feeling better these days. I love reading how every little thing is exciting to you...even things that others may consider awful.
hope you have a super weekend.

Nin said...

hehe, I know what you mean about eating more than normal.
I haven't had a stuffed up nose, but my ears keep getting plugged, and it's so annoying!
Yeah I felt many many flutters before I was able to finally say, THAT was baby. I didn't want to mistake it for gas bubbles or my stomach digesting.
I still drink coffee here and there, don't know that I could ever fully let go of that one. Although I've converted to decaf, so it's easier to still get my fix without the guilt. I do still spluge on iced caps here and there, hmmmmm.....
Keep you eyes focused on Him, and keep laying down those fears, He will provide you with His peace. You are in His hands, and He will not leave you. He is trustworthy.
Blessings, so pumped for you.

Janelle said...

is it crazy that i am just so excited for you - and i'm really enjoying living your pregnancy through this blog? i love your updates, & i just am so happy for all God is doing in your life & inside you!! you know i love ya.

Trail Rider said...

Nin told me about you alittle bit. Just shared with me how you treasure your pregnancy as such a gift! AND YOU DO! It blessed me today to hear how you value carrying life.
It makes me sad when I see mom's just go through their pregnancy trying to be normal. Like they just grow a "bump" on their tummy, but other than that they are normal and carry on like nothing is happening. I felt the pressure to do that with my 4th child. Since "life goes on" and people are just used to you being pregnant, you feel like screaming "BUT YOUR MISSING IT!" I don't care if I have 100 babies, each preganancy is such a gift, a blessings and I love every minute of it. Thanks for sharing this journey through such a godly heart of thankfulness.
Every thing that happens to you through this time is not to be taken as common or for granted!
BLESSINGS ON YOU AND YOUR LITTLE ONE AND ON HUBBY TOO!
"I'll be back" (in arnie's voice from terminator)LOL

Heather said...

Carebear - Thank you so much for your comment. I do find the miracle of birth just incredible, and I don't want to take a single moment of it for granted. God is creating a BEING inside me! What could be more amazing and exciting?! I cherish every second with this baby, and I will with all future babies too - because they can be snatched away, and I never want to feel like I didn't give them the attention they deserved. I love sharing my journey, because it's therapeutic for me, and I think it's a beautiful journey! I've never yet stopped myself from crying when I see a newborn, and I never will. Looking into a baby's face, to me, is like looking straight at the face of God. Perfection.