Tuesday, January 10

A Token of a Mother's Love

Today I bought myself a little token to represent the first little baby Plett. Something that Ryan and I can look at as a presence of the first little person we created together, and who is waiting for us in Heaven. It is a little diamond cross, and although I wasn't sure I should spend money on such a thing, I am already thankful that Ryan made me do it. He bought himself a t-shirt with a "Handy Dad Inc." logo on it, saying "I am still a dad". So we now have some mementos that will be a reminder to us of our little love.

Baby,

In my heart I hold you close, but I have to let you go. This little glittering cross is where I am going to leave you for all the years - to be held close by God, and to be an angel that we know will be around us for all time, until we get to see you face-to-face in glory. We love you little one, and we will not forget you. You were our first love, our first creation, our first miracle. Thanks for making those few months so exciting. We'll miss you, and we promise to tell your brothers and sisters about you. You will never be forgotten, as your brief presence touched our lives and left imprints on our hearts.

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

4 comments :

Tannis said...

Oh, the tears again. Sounds to me like you guys are doing fantastic - facing things honestly but managing to stay positive. Hats off to you both. I don't think you could ever regret buying that precious keepsake. Seems to me that Ryan may have spent a little less on himself...just like a dad and loving husband to do that.

Heather said...

Thanks Donna. How terrible to find out about losing your baby on vacation! I'm sorry that happened to you. I've been very thankful that it didn't happen to me that way - because it very well could have! I too am looking forward to putting some more positive posts on this blog. I pray it won't be terribly long.

Janelle said...

you blow me away with how brave, honest & hopeful you are. with that positive attitude & incredible heart, i KNOW you will be just fine. & you will have a beautiful cross to look at to remind you of this special time in your life. i'm excited to see what God has in store for you. i hope He's giving you lots of peace & comfort right now.

Ang said...

Tan, they really are amazing.
Love you Heather and Ryan!