Tuesday, January 17

Some Poems...


We cried tears when we learned that a child would be,
that our God had allowed you to quicken in me.
We cried tears with our loved ones as they shared our joy,
and we thought about names for a girl or a boy.
I cried tears as I thought of the things we would do,
all the things that your Daddy would pass onto you.
And I cried as I thought of every inch you had grown,
as I pondered the day that you'd make yourself known.
Then to think of the world you must enter brought fears,
once again little one your Mother cried tears.
Something's wrong, I can tell--once again there are tears,
and I'll not get the chance of your love through the years.
Oh the ache and the sorrow and all of the pain,
and again, yes again my tears fell like rain.
Then His peace comes to me as I think of you there,
gently rocking with Father in His favorite chair.
Your sweet little fingers clenched tight in His palm,
and His Son softly singing to help you keep calm.
Our God knew your days before you came to be,
and He knew little one you would not stay with me.
So, I cry, but I know that when this life is done,
I will greet and embrace you my sweet little one.
There's a time to be born, and a time to die,
and the joy and the sorrow both make us cry!
~Connie Johnson~
*****
My Precious Little Baby,
Your face I've never seen.
Your skin I've never touched before,
Nor held you close to me.
You lived inside my body,
But only for a while;
Till Jesus softly whispered,
"Come home my little child."
You must have been a special child;
If God needed you up there.
Because heaven is a better home,
It's beauty can't compare.
So, till I get to heaven,
And see your shining face;
Jesus will take care of you,
And love you in my place.
Yes, Jesus loves His little lambs,
They sit around His throne;
So sit on Jesus' lap dear child--
Till Mommy gets called home.
~Author Unknown~
*****
Daddy, please don't look so sad,
Mama please don't cry~
"Cause I am in the arms of Jesus
and He sings me lullabies."
Please, try not to question God,
Don't think he is unkind
Don't think He sent me to you,
and then He changed his mind.
You see, I am a special child,
and I'm needed up above
I'm the special gift you gave Him,
the product of your love.
I'll always be there with you
and watch the sky at night,
Find the brightest star that's gleaming,
That's my halo's brilliant light.
You'll see me in the morning frost,
that mists your window pane.
That's me in the summer showers,
I'll be dancing in the rain.
When you feel a little breeze,
from a gentle wind that blows
That's me, I'll be there,
planting a kiss on your nose.
When you see a child playing,
and your heart feels a little tug,
That's me, I'll be there,
giving your heart a hug.
So Daddy, please don't look so sad,
Mama don't you cry.
I'm in the arms of Jesus
and He sings me lullabies.
~Claudette T. Allen~

1 comment :

Amber said...

Wow Heather, great poems. Definitely sad poems, but poems of hope & promises & a beautiful image of your baby up in heaven. Sorry to have missed your call today, thanks for leaving a message....you guys will continue to be in our prayers :)