Wednesday, January 18

Blessed

It is sort of funny I think, that when a tragedy occurs, you suddenly find out how many people really care about you. I always knew that people cared about me, and I've always felt love - but none like the caring and compassion that I've felt in the last couple of weeks.

People that I don't know well have sent me emails, cards, and we've received so many encouraging phone calls. We are overwhelmed with how much support we've received, and each and every word of encouragement is held close to our hearts. We just can't thank everyone enough for standing by us right now - it really, really helps. We fee like we're floating - each prayer, thought, and hand extended in sympathy lightens the load of our grief. In many ways, we are finding silver linings every day. Even though we would still like to rewind time, and have our baby back, we also can see that there are so many blessings that have come during this time. God knows just what He is doing.

I was reading "Travelling Light" by Max Lucado last night. It's a book my Bible study group has been taking, and I decided to re-read the chapter about grief. I'm really glad that I did - it was a good reminder. Our days on earth are numbered - some have fewer days than others. Baby Plett had fewer days than I - and was spared all the earthly grief we often have to bear. I'm thankful for that. It makes me think that the baby must have had such a good spirit, God brought them to Heaven right away.

I'm not really one to think morbidly either. I mean, no matter what one believes, death is never a great thing to think about. However, now I have one more thing to look forward to in Heaven. I already have one baby waiting for me there. Heaven is our eternal home - not earth - and knowing that baby is waiting for me is a great way to remind me not to dwell on earthly things, but to always be looking to Heaven. What a great promise!

Again, I just have to say thank you to all of those who have offered support to us during this time. It means so much, and I can never thank you for how each of you have lifted my heart in one way or another. I love you all dearly, and I can't wait until I can share with you the joys of my "earthly angels", that I am sure are yet to come.

For all of those that have shared about your own miscarriages, my heart goes out to you. It does bring a smile to my face though when I think of all the wonderful children my baby has to play with while they wait for us to come Home. Can't you imagine the amazing playground that Heaven has for all our little angels? I can't wait to see it!

1 comment :

Janelle said...

i am just so proud of you for sharing your story. you will touch so many women who have gone through the same painful experience. everyone reacts differently, but you have been able to tell your story in such a beautiful way - and i KNOW that you will continue to be able to reach out to women for YEARS to come, even after you have some "eartly angels" of your own. You will always remember Baby Plett and so will we, because you allowed us to walk this journey with you. i'm always praying for you, and sending BIG hugs! love ya!