Sunday, February 28

Vaccines

Up until this evening I always fully supported vaccinations, and have had my children vaccinated with all the recommended vaccines. I don't know if James got the chickenpox vaccine... but I don't think so. I'll have to go to his records to check. Rayya has had her first two sets of vaccinations, one of those being the MMR vaccination.
I am sick to my stomach upon finding out today that the MMR vaccine and chickenpox vaccine use ABORTED FETAL TISSUE (MRC-5) in its ingredients. It was developed by using the lung and retinal tissues from two different 18 week gestationally aborted babies (aborted for pschological reasons).
I truly am devastated. This website has a chart showing the vaccines that contain this tissue, and whether or not there are certain manufacturers that make it without the use of MRC-5. Currently in Canada there are NO manufacturers that make the MMR or chickenpox vaccine without MRC-5 cells.
I don't really know what to do. Of course, I cannot undo what has already been done. The vaccines that James and Rayya have received will remain. However, you can be rest-assured that I will doing some serious praying and inquiring regarding their further vaccinations.
What in the world are we coming to people?! What in the world?!

5 comments :

Dianna said...

Oh dear heather i could send you multiplies reasons why we don;t vaccinate our children. I feel very strongly about it and it's not a decision I or Len made overnight.We are completely at peace with not vaccinating and have never looked back. I've been criticized ,judged upon for not vaccinating but thruout it all I held high and know what we are doing is and feels right to us. I could send u articles on vaccinations but I strongly also feel not to push my opinion unless requested I will send you articles. Each to their own choice. In the past I've spoken out against it, but come to realize that we need to respect ppls decision when they do vaccinate. So I'm basically laid back on it but if someone comes to me wanting info on what I know I will gladly be of service. Don't feel guilty with what you've already done. You did what you thought was best for that time. Unknowingly. You surely can't and mustn't feel guilty about that?! You're a good mommy and did what you thought was best cause everyone else does it or it's procedure, or it's routine, etc

Stacey said...

I'm glad you are at least looking at Canadian information. So many people assume that the US and Canada are identical, and they are not. Anyway, it's a personal decision, and I hope you find peace either way!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Interesting and for sure something to pray about. I don't like what's in the vaccine for sure. I am glad I vaccinated my son with all the traveling we have done and will do but I do also feel sick about what's in them and will have to pray if we ever do more.

Nin said...

Wow, I had NO idea..... I don't even know what to say/think/feel....that is a very uncomfortable thought sitting on top of my heart right now...
p.s. I commented on your last post ;)

Wenona said...

That is disgusting. Koen hasn't been vaccinated fully either. I plan on giving him all his vaccines, but at a delayed schedule. I will definitely be questioning the health nurses about these vaccines.