Wednesday, January 14

Moolah!

For Christmas this year I was blessed to receive a combined total of $330 worth of mall gift certificates. At first, I was thrilled. How fun would it be to go and do some guilt-free shopping?! However, it was soon after that initial thought that my practical side kicked it. I didn't want to just go and blow all that money, only to regret it later on! What should I spend it on - one big item, or lots of little ones? What do I WANT? What do I NEED? HELP! I started to actually feel a little bit stressed out about not wanting to regret how I would spend the $330. Or what if I would spend it, and then find something else I would want more in a few months? I took the gift cards along on my next mall trip, and decided to see what would happen. I did have a few ideas: a new camera, new every-day dishes (we currently own a hodge-podge of dishes combined from both Ryan and I), or maybe a leather jacket. After picking up some photos from Black's, I browsed their camera section. I decided I wanted a new camera - so I picked up a new Nikon Coolpix P80, with two memory cards, and a carrying case. My gift cards were officially spent. I've been having fun with the camera - but I find it to be really slow. That just doesn't work when you are snapping shots of a two year-old. So I'm thinking I may return the camera. But then I'm back to square one. How should I spend my Christmas moolah? What would YOU spend $330 on? And don't tell me you'd splurge it all on clothes.

6 comments :

Erica H said...

I'd spend it on a new camera, too. I would just return it and see if you can't get something that works a little better for you...a new camera would be GREAT! Also, I'd probably spend the money on dishes. I LoOoOoOoVE dishes!

Leslee said...

Hm...I wonder if you got the 'ultra' cards for the camera, they are much quicker at storing the picture, making it snap pics quicker. Or, you could always add a little more cash and get a digital SLR camera (I think my Nikon D40x is about 550 or so, but it is only a 10MP)

Elina said...

Out of your choices, I'd spend it on dishes for sure! I personally find a nice set of dishes really spices up mealtime - makes it fun to cook cause you've got something new to stare at! If it were me personally though I'd probably buy something boring like a water cooler! You have much better ideas than me! I agree though - return the camera if you're not happy with it. There's so many out there that you can definately find something in that price range that'll meet your needs!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Trev mentioned that you might want to try shooting at a smaller picture size which may make the "write time" in between shots faster. Worth a try before you return it.

kelly ens said...

Admittedly, i WOULD spend it all on clothes. Not because i like shopping (quite the opposite), but because i really have NO clothes that are worth of being worn out (or even at home!).
But based on your ideas, I would also go with the new every-day dishes!

Robin Fehr said...

I think I'd try a different camera. I'm not much of a pro in that dept., but there must be something that would work better for your needs. Maybe they (at Black's) can suggest something...
Although kitchen stuff (dishes) are cool too, I think that can totally brighten your mood to have different dishes! Maybe with some cool matching things to go with...