Saturday, February 2

Why do babies go away (or never come at all)?

Of course, once again this question is heavy on my heart and mind. Today was a tougher day than the last few. James has an ear infection, and although he started antibiotics last night he has not been very happy. All day today he has whined and cried, and it is grating the wrong way on my weakening nerves. I want to make him better, and I don't want him to have pain, but his constant need for me is disheartening at time. Maybe you wonder how I can say that after I just lost a baby, but if you are a mom I think you understand. Sometimes a mom just needs space - and right now I really need space to think, and grieve. Grieving is so important when you lose someone. If you don't grieve, the empty place in your heart just starts to grow into a cold space. When you grieve, it gives that place warmth and fills it up with love.

So, why do babies go away or never come at all? To me it seems like there has been a huge influx in the number of women who are losing babies, or can't have them. I've been asking God about this, and I came up with something today - however, I have no Biblical backup for these thoughts or ideas. I kind of wonder if God is sparing these little lives from the up-coming tribulation. I can't say that this is for sure, but maybe He is letting a few of the stronger ones stay - ones that might be able to lead - and the ones that are more sensitive, He is just taking them Home. It's just a theory, and I kind of like it.

I also think that Satan is attacking harder than ever. Those that are growing in Christ (ALL of us), and learning new things can expect to be attacked by the enemy. I don't know why God allows it to happen, but He can see the big picture, and I trust that He allows it when it will be for the greater benefit of His Kingdom. When we were driving to the hospital on Wednesday morning I had a picture in my head of myself, standing on a rock (my faith). Satan was hurling darts at me, and I was in serious pain - but I would not fall off that rock. I wouldn't allow it. I would NEVER allow it, no matter how much it hurt - I WOULD stay standing on the Rock. That's when that little blurb came into my head, combining two lines of two songs:
"Tho' Satan's darts at me are hurled", and I'm wincing in pain,
"I will not be shaken, I will not be moved".
I keep leaning on the promise that Christ will be my Rock, my Support, my Comfort, my Shelter, and my Saviour. I keep reminding myself to let him carry my burdens, as I was not meant to carry them myself. I'm trying so desperately to be strong, and to be as a candle in the darkness through all of this. I can say though that today I'm feeling a little weaker, and the tears have fallen a little quicker. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Update: This evening things just continued to go downhill with my mood and my emotions. After a miscarriage, a woman goes through the same type of baby blues as when having a baby. I think this is what my body is going through right now. I completely broke down this evening, and in my head I just said "Lord, I need someone who cares to call me". Not more than two minutes later the phone rang. I didn't answer it, but Ryan's voice came down the stairs, "It's for you". I asked who it was, and his reply, "Rebekah". God is amazing! Not only did she call, but she came over right away (thank goodness she lives next door). She talked and prayed with me, and then helped me wash the dishes. I feel so much better. I don't know what I'm going to do without her around this summer! I love you Rebekah.

9 comments :

ShellyH said...

I am so sorry for your loss! I have enjoyed reading your blog tonight. I can understand how you feel. I had our daughter first (22 years ago) and then had 4 lost pregnancies after her. We are very grateful for our daughter but it is indeed hard getting over the lost of a beloved child/baby. We all heal at different rates. It took me a long time to grieve and understand it. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I wish I was there to give you a big hug, hold you and allow you to be free to let those tears fall in my presence. I pray that you and Ryan will both be able to greive. I also pray for James and that he will have quick healing.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I don't know what I'll do without you either!

Tamara said...

Heather:
I am sooooo sorry for your loss...try to embrace your son like never before....

Youw ill be in my prayers

Beth said...

Even after going through this, I don't know what to say.
After my miscarriage I prayed for a sign or a dream that would put my heart to rest. It was a few months later and my grandfather-in-law had just went to be with Jesus and in my dream I saw him in heaven siting in a chair with my baby in one arm and my cousin-in-law's baby in the other. He was so happy and the babies were smiling and laughing. After that dream, my heart and mind were able to heal. And my cousin-in-law had an amazing dream... she lost her baby at 6 months. She went for a normal ultrasound and there was no heart beat. She was induced and had to deliver little Elijah. Well, a few months later she had a dream that she was walking down the hall of the hospital holding Jesus' hand. She was crying in the dream because she thought she was there to deliver Elijah. Jesus just kept holding her hand and walking with her. He led her into a room and when she got in the room she was on the bed delivering the baby. She kept begging Jesus to stop this from happening and he just smiled and said it would be okay. Then she saw angels above the bed singing Christmas carols. The baby was then born and it was a perfectly healthy baby. It wasn't until the following week that the dream made sense. That week she found out she was pregnant and when she went online to calculate the due date, the due date was Dec 25th! It was God's way of letting her know it was going to be okay this time.
Jesus, I pray that your grace and love would fall upon Heather. I pray that your peace that passes all understanding would embrace her. Give her dreams, visions, and comforting thoughts. Father, stand in front of her and throw all of those arrows right back at Satan because you defeated him long ago! Thank you for your unfailing love for us, for fighting for us, and for standing for us when we can't. Amen
Also, my anthem after my miscarriage was 'I Will Praise You In This Storm' by Casting Crowns. And a Bible verse I clung to was Isaiah 40:11 "He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart." He is carrying you and holding you close to his heart!!
I hope my stories have encouraged you and know that brighter days are ahead.
Our babies are playing together on streets of gold and in the river of life... what a day it will be when we finally get to meet them!! I can't wait...

Kimberley said...

Hi, I won´t write much but just kow that I love you and can say with out a doubt that God loves you and knows how you feel right now. I know that what is going on is not easy but we can have the joy knowing that all of our litle ones are happy, safe and enjoying Jesus!

Roo said...

aww
that is so hard.
praying/thinking about you. xo you are loved.

Janelle said...

i love you heather. i love you tons...and i just want to say it x100 tonite, because i wish i could be closer to you - to give you hugs, and chat with you. you are a gift to me, and i just plain LOVE you.

Renee Shaw said...

I really do wish that we lived closer together so we could get to know one another! I would really love to know your personally. I can't even imagine the pain that you're going through right now Heather, but I do want to say how proud I am of you. You turned to God!!! That is the best thing you could ever do.

As far as miscarriage goes, God does not take babies. It says in the Word that God is a good God and "only good & perfect things come from Him...". God would never take an innocent life (or any for that matter). Sometimes things just aren't right in some womens body, just cause. I don't believe that God would take a baby because they might not be strong enough, when they get older, to lead...that goes against the character of God. Sometimes things just happen and there is no reason for them. Also, Satan is on high patrol, like you said, for people who are Christians. He will do anything to take our focus off God, but you must stay the course and praise Him anyway! Dance & Praise and say "ha devil you tried to get me down, but I will choose to praise God even more!!!" He is looking for us to make the choice to praise Him when it's good and when it's bad.

Heather I truely believe that you will have another baby. We might not be able to explain why you have lost 2 babies, but God can work miracles and you will have another healthy baby! You must declare that over yourself daily and just keep dwelling in His presence. "...In Your presence is fullness of joy; At your right hand are pleasures forever more"-Psalm 16:11
Heather just leave the laundry, leave the dishes, leave the housework...reveal in His presnce and allow Him to heal you. In Exodus 33:14 God is talking to Moses and says, "My Presence will go with you and I will give you rest." I declare that over you right now Heather! In my spirit filled life Bible there is a side-note for Exodus 33:14-23 and it says, "God promises His Presence to people who will worship, obey and walk with Him. When we live in God's presence through the power of the Holy Spirit, He gives us peace and rest."
I just really felt to share that with you. Be encouraged Heather!
I love you from a distance!!!