Tuesday, February 12

Moved

This weekend we had church at our local arena for a winter picnic. It was a great service, my favourite kind - one with lots of praise and worship songs, a skit by a Bible College troup, a short kid's story and then sharing time. I don't claim to be a person that has ever really felt the Holy Spirit moving me... but apparently He's working on me, and this weekend it happened very obviously. The mic was open for sharing, and before I knew it, my legs were making me stand, and my feet were walking me to the front of the crowd. I felt totally outside my own body. I had not intended on sharing - we had missed the previous Sunday after the miscarriage because I hadn't wanted to do the full explanation of it over and over again. I didn't even know what I was going to say... what I was SUPPOSED to say. I just said in my head, "Okay God, I hope You have something that You want to say - because I DON'T". Standing in front of the mic is not something I usually find very frightening. In fact, I actually enjoy public speaking. On Sunday, my hands were sweating and shaking. I probably looked a bit pale, because I was very literally scared. What on earth was I supposed to be sharing with these people?! Before I could think about it, my mouth began to move, and I heard my voice coming up with words, sentences - possibly even things that made sense. I shared about our miscarriage, and the vision that God gave me of our children on Jesus' lap. I told them that I have been asking God to give me Spiritual strength and wisdom, and that I hoped that I could use it to bless the church. It was emotional for me, and I cried. Pastor John came up, and asked Ryan and James to join us as he prayed for us. When I sat down, I could barely remember what I had said - truly, the Holy Spirit had spoken through me. It was amazing. Only then, I remembered that I had seen others in the crowd wiping tears. Later, people came to talk to me and ask me questions, and I was able to share more - and something I never believed could happen to me - I truly believed that I HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL I could share. I always thought my testimony was weak and meaningless. I believe now that God is using me, preparing me, molding me... and it's for something GREAT. I don't know what it is yet, but I can't WAIT to see!

7 comments :

Kim Funk said...

wow, hearing testimonies is sometimes more touching then even a sermon. At least for me anyways, hence why i LOVE reading blogs seeing God work in others life, just blesses me!! So i believe your going to find complete healing in all of this.

blessings to you and your family!!

Verna said...

What an awesome feeling to know that the Holy Spirit is speaking through you!

Nin said...

wow.... Your testimony is a FAR CRY from meaningless.... it has spoken measureless encouragement to me and still does, your walk has taught me tons and continues to, as you continue to allow God to move in you and through you. Praise God that He is breaking through lies in your heart, and speaking that you are NEEDED and LOVED and VALUED by Him and the body. I'm just so amazed....at all He's done in you already. He has such BIG things in store for you dear sister! I'm thinking of you tons, and praying that you are soaking in His presence. You bless my socks off.

Renee Shaw said...

Good job Heather! That takes courage to get up in front of people and share personal details. But that's the best thing about the Holy Spirit, it's not you talking it's Him!! You just have to be the vessel.
It is so neat to see God working in others lives...it's so encouraging!

Janelle said...

i love you & i'm so proud of you.

Roo said...

God bless you Heather. You are a shining light and your life bring hope to many. keep twinkling!

Lindsay said...

Heather, that is SO COOL. I'm so proud of you for being brave and sharing your heart in front of a crowd of people. You have a powerful story, and I know that you blessed and encouraged people with your willingness to be vulnerable - something that Christians are not always awesome at.

*hugs*