Friday, February 1

When It Rains, It Pours

Since getting home from the hospital on Wednesday night, James has been a bear. He is usually extremely happy and fun, but since Wednesday he has been clingy, whiny, and just plain miserable. Not great timing. He also had a fever, so today we took him to the Dr. as I was fairly certain he had an ear infection again. Sure enough, he does have an ear infection - so now he's on medication for that, and hopefully will be back to his old self soon!

I've been feeling quite good, mentally, physically and spiritually. This miscarriage has been so different than the first one, and for so many different reasons. It's different because we have JAMES! We have a beautiful son, and we know that there is hope and that we know we can have children. It is also different because my FAITH is so much STRONGER. I have been learning in the last year to FULLY RELY ON GOD, and it is helping. Also, it is different because with our first we didn't know if we would ever have our own children. Now that we have James, we aren't having the same kind of devastating feelings like we had with losing our first. Your prayers are keeping us afloat, and I am so thankful for all of you and your support. We truly can FEEL it.

Last night God put the word "refuge" into my head. So, I went to Bible Gateway and typed in "take refuge" in the search section. I found II Samuel 22, and I will share a few verses with you.

“The Lord is my ROCK, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my ROCK, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that SAVES me,
and my place of safety. He is my REFUGE, my savior,
the one who saves me from violence.
I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and he saved me from my enemies.
“The waves of death overwhelmed me;
floods of destruction swept over me.
The grave wrapped its ropes around me;
death laid a trap in my path.
But in my distress I cried out to the Lord;
yes, I cried to my God for help.
He heard me from his sanctuary;
my cry reached his ears.”

7 comments :

Roo said...

God bless you heather.....(and it sounds like He is!) so sorry to hear of your loss...but so amazing to envision your little ones dancing before the King of all Kings.

Thinking about you.....

Erica H said...

you are such a strong woman - I really admire your attitude. Praying.

Nin said...

so encouraged once again....
keep on keeping on dear sister. "On Christ the solid rock I stand" is coming to mind, you are a testimony of the faithful few He will indeed recognize when He comes.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love how you have been listening to the voice of Jesus and each time it becomes more clear to you. Heather, you have blessed me in so many ways. I was talking to Trev last night and he said, "It's like iron sharpening iron." Thanks!

grahamandkristy said...

Heather, so sorry to hear about your loss. I am praying for you! May you continue to feel God's loving arms around you!

Wenona said...

Praying for you...

Renee Shaw said...

Heather,
You are truely a stong woman! It is good to see you turning to God rather than letting this eat you up inside.
I encourage you to continue to let God speak to you and encourage you. He will comfort you when no one else can. God Bless!