Saturday, December 29

A Great Christmas

Wow - what a FUN Christmas! Unfortunately, I won't be able to post many photos - as my computer is not functioning 100%. Sorry about that, but please bear with me! Of course, James had a blast at all the gatherings and opening presents. He definately enjoyed all the boxes, bows and paper more than the actual gifts though! Most of the time, he just wanted to run around and be crazy with the other kids. It was so cute to watch him run with them! What a perfect time for him to have learned to walk/run. He also did really well with the late nights and going from the car to bed. I was impressed. His sleeping has improved a little, after a couple of CIO nights. We are finally sleeping from 8pm to 6:30am again. It would be hard to come up with a list of highlights - every part of this Christmas was great. I felt connected to the real meaning of Christmas in a whole new way this year, and it felt wonderful.

Ryan took a week off of work, and it has been SO awesome to have him around. I'm not sure how I'll feel when he goes back to work next week - even though it is a short week, with New Years and all. It's so nice to have an extra playmate for James to take me off the hook for a while!

I felt quite exhausted and not too well for most of the Christmas holidays. This was all explained when I did a pregnancy test on December 15th - and it was POSITIVE. Yes, merry Christmas to us - we are expecting baby No.2 in August of 2008! Of course, given my past I am still very apprehensive, because it's still very early. (I should just say I'm sorry if any of our close friends or family is finding out about this for the first time here). We have told most of our family and friends, so it won't be long before it is entirely public. Which it is now, I guess. :)


Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

20 comments :

Raine said...

Congratulations on your pregancy. Praying that everything will go smoothly.

Amber said...

Awww Heather! Congratulations!!! That was a total shock :) I didn't find out prematurely this time, hee hee!! We'll be praying for your little baby....very very exciting!

Janelle said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
you know you have to e-mail me details!! oh my goodness!!!
wow! i'm so excited for you!!!
hope you are feeling good my dear!
God sure is blessing you!
i love ya!!!

Andrea said...

How EXCITING!!!! Yay! We are expecting our 2nd baby too...in June though, but it's so fun to have other blogger friends who are expecting along with me!! I hope all goes REALLY well this time around!!!

Heather said...

so exciting. congrats. glad to have you back blogging. missed you. praying all goes well..

Dianna said...

Congratulations!! Aug seems so far away right now but believe me it'll come, it'll come.Enjoy and savor each moment!

Christy said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So exciting!!

Jobina said...

Congratulations Heather! That is so exciting!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations, Heather! That is such amazing news. I'll be keeping your little family - and the tiny one inside of you - in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS HEATH!

Kim Funk said...

what a perfect gift from God!!!..Im so thrilled for you guys..CONGRATS!!!

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

congrats Heather! All the best with your pregnancy

- Liane

Wenona said...

Whhattt!!?? Heather! That's awesome news!! I was reading your other post and read that you were pregnant and I had to skip down to this one to figure out what I'd missed! Congrats! How awesome! Blessings to you and your family!

Stacey said...

Wow! I'll pray that you can relax and enjoy this pregnancy without worrying about another miscarriage. Congrats!

Gina said...

Congrats! So exciting...

-Me- said...

praying for you through this pregnancy, Heather. Congratulations!!!! Hope James starts to feel better soon!!!

Renee Shaw said...

oh my goodness!!! Yay for you! I love babies! haha I can't wait to follow along with you in your pregnancy! Be blessed!

Kara said...

Hi Heather! I don't know if I have ever commented on your blog before, but I read it often and I just wanted to say congratulations on your expecting! How exciting. I hope that these next few months are good and full of joy and excitement as you anticipate the arrival of your new son/daughter.

Kara

Erica H said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wow, this is all so exciting! I'm a little shocked - but SO incredibly excited for you and your family! YAY! James is going to be a big brother! I can hardly wait to see preggo pictures and updates! Praise God for little miracles!

Becky said...

AHHHHHH! Where have I been? Suddenly there are two tickers at the top! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm looking forward to all the prego posts! Weeeeee!

God bless and keep you and your little one!