Tuesday, September 25

Spirit-Lead

Do you ever wonder if you are being lead by the Spirit? Today I was feeling like I should write a post about being Heaven-minded or Earthly-minded, and I thought maybe it was the Spirit leading. When I sat down to write it - my mind went blank. I couldn't think of what I wanted to say, or how I wanted to say it. Is that strange? Or maybe the Spirit actually wanted me to write about being Spirit-lead instead! Hahaha! He tricked me! Anyway, I'm learning a lot about allowing the Spirit to lead me - and trying to learn to be more open to that leading. It's hard! Sometimes I don't want to do the things I feel lead to do... like call a particular church committee to tell them I would gladly participate. I don't really want to get too involved right now, on this particular committee - but I feel a strong push from the Spirit to do it. Ironically, when I was asked to join the committee I prayed about it. I asked God to give me a strong feeling about whether or not to join... and now He is! In any case, I don't really know where I am going with this post, because really I'm just rambling. Maybe the Spirit really has inspired me to write something though that will inspire you today to become more Spirit-lead. I have to go and make a phone call to that committee now!

P.S. The posted photo is actually my nephew Thomas. The picture was taken by his mommy, who thought he looked very angelic - so I used my Photoshop powers to really take the angelic photo to the next level. I thought it was an appropriate photo, and too cute not to share!

6 comments :

Domestic Bloggess said...

Well I know I definitely needed this post today, so thanks!

Janelle said...

i'm so glad that you have been led to join a church group! though sometimes it takes up alot of our time, i know how rewarding it can be! i know GOd will continue to guide you, and LEAD you and that makes me excited!!
and that picture is amazing!!!

Christy said...

I love what you did to that photo!!

Mrs. Stam said...

very nice post, indeed we have to be lead more by the spirit and not our own desirer, thanks for the reminder!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Learning to be led by the spirit takes time learn how to hear his voice. You have grown so much since I've gotten to know you and it's exciting to see.

Trail Rider said...

I love hearing about people growing in the Lord. Thank you for sharing this testimony