Tuesday, September 11

I'm a Good "Mum-Mum"

I felt like a good mom today. I'm not particularly sure why. Perhaps it was because I finally remembered to start my day off with prayer, and had positive thoughts about what the day would be like before I even got out of bed. In any case, it was a good day.

Here is a run-down of our day. It started out a little sketchy, with James being in a very whiney mood (pretty sure he's teething). I was quite relieved when he went down for his nap at 10:00am. I then made plans with two friends to order lunch for take-out, and then let the kids play together while we had a "picnic". I ended up having to wake up James so that I could get him fed before I left. He napped for over two hours - and was in a great mood after that! He had a good lunch, which consisted of green beans mixed with wheat germ, bologna (his favourite), pieces of fruit cocktail, and pear juice. Finally we were able to head out the playdate luncheon. It was so nice to be able to visit with friends, and let James crawl around and play with other kids. We had a great time, and a good chat. By the time I got home it was time for James to nap again. We both had a nice 1 hour nap. After the nap, we went to the store to get food for supper - and grandpa Kroeker was there! He took James while I did my shopping. We headed home, and played for a while until it was time for James to have supper. Unfortunately, during this time I went to the sink to rinse something off and James climbed up the back of my legs (one of his new discoveries). This lead to a slip, and before we knew it he had bonked his head on the floor. We had to have some cuddle time after that. Once he was back to his happy self, he had a lovely supper of beef vegetable mix, pear puree, animal crackers, and homo milk. Then it was back to playtime until daddy got home, and then we had some supper. I then put James down to bed for the night at 8:00. Just a good day, and it made me feel good when I looked back on what we did together today.

James now gets just four bottles a day: one when he wakes up in the morning, one before his morning nap, one before his afternoon nap, and one before bed. This photo of him in the basket also proves that he DOES have hair, it's just hard to see! The one above is his playing in his box fort that "we" made "together".

Some of James' latest accomplishments have been saying "dada", "mum-mum", waving bye-bye, shaking his head to say "no", riding his Dora the Explorer car, standing unassisted for a few seconds at a time, and occassionally taking a few steps when going from one person to another. It is amazing, absolutely amazing how fast they grow up. He is getting more and more fun now, and I just love being able to spend all day with my little boy. He certainly is ALL boy, it will be interesting to see what the next stage (walking) will bring!

3 comments :

Gina said...

What an adorable little guy. I love the one of him in the basket.

RLE said...

He looks like such a big boy in the photo of the two of you together. Time is just flying by, hey? Good for you for having a good day and feeling like a good mommy - we all need those days to help with the ones that are not so great. Sounds like it was a wonderful day.

Renee Shaw said...

Isn't it encouraging to have days like that! It makes all th other days easy to take hey? haha well you're bless Heather, you have a beautiful son, and a walk with God! You're doing great!