Saturday, September 22

Blogger Brunch Report


The Blogger Brunch was a total flop. We didn't have any fun, and I will never do it again....
HA! THAT IS A COMPLETE LIE! It was SO much fun! I'm really sorry that many of you were forced to miss it due to family events, illness, and things like that. We had a really great time, and there was no lack of things to talk about - but mostly we talked about blogging, the small world we live in, and... KIDS! It was so neat to put some faces (and voices) to the names and writings of some of my favourite blogging women. I was inspired to keep going in my blogging - and enjoyed hearing other ladies blogging stories. This is DEFINATELY going to happen again, and hopefully more of you will be able to attend.

What started out as being a fairly large expected group of about 20 turned into a small group of nine of us. This was not all bad though, because we really got to connect one-on-one a little more. We had a great meal together, and then were privileged to hear Darlene share a few thoughts. Door prizes were donated by Blessings and Darlene's own book. Very cool! Next year we'll go even bigger I hope!

Of course, it wouldn't be a true blog post without the photo...
From left: Stacey, with Bria, myself, Ruth, Darlene, Sara & Jobina
(Missing: Heather & Lindsey - sorry girls!)

6 comments :

Heather said...

it was fun. thanks for organzing it. sorry we missed out on the picture. hey the link to my blog didn't work. just so you know. again thanks so much!

Amber said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I have no excuses for not getting that mug to you except that I completely lost track of the days. This morning around 10:30am it hit me that it was indeed Saturday and I missed my opportunity :( I'm sorry for not following through...it was a crazy week (which is no excuse, I probably drove by your house a dozen times!) and the days have just all blended together lately. I need to learn to not make promises that I can't keep. Anyway, again, I'm glad you had a good time! I love Darlene's book!!

Anonymous said...

That is great that you were able to have a blogger brunch and that you had a good time! Great photo of the group!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I will try to be there next time.
Thanks for the e-card.

Jobina said...

Thanks Heather for getting that all together! I came home all energized and talked my husband's ear off about how nice it was to get together with a group of ladies for a change! I've been cooped up too long! Are you still dreaming about those pancakes??? They looked sooo good! We should have taken a picture!

Roo said...

thanks heather. i'm so glad i was able to make it. so glad.