Monday, September 17

Girls Morning Out

I just had to document my great weekend! It started out on Friday afternoon when my mom came to look after James, and I went to get my hair cut and coloured! Woohoo! I had pre-decided to do something different. I splurged, and got BANGS! I have not had bangs since Grade 3, I think. Of course, my hair looked fabulous the way the hairdresser did it, and it will never look exactly like that again... but oh well! You will see it in one of the photos below.

On Saturday morning I woke up early, left James with his daddy, and headed off to Winnipeg to meet up with five of my girlfriends for Girls Morning Out! We all got manicures/pedicures, and then went to prime Winnipeg shopping destination to shop and have lunch. It was SO much fun, and much-needed girl time.

The girls at the salon.

From the left: Jeryn, Rebekah with Isaiah, Robin,

myself (front left), Jamie and Sherisse

I then headed home early to go to a baby shower. From there we dropped James off at his grandma and grandpa Plett's for the night, and headed BACK to Winnipeg. We went to a potluck at our friend's place, and the theme of the night was "Beer Recipes". All the dishes had to have beer in them. I made beer & cheese bread in my breadmaker and it turned out AMAZING! It was so good. Around midnight someone decided we should go glow bowling, so off we went. It was a really fun time, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, I actually bowled really well!

Glow bowling!

On Sunday Ryan and I slept in, as we had no James to wake us up before 7:00am! That was a nice little break for us, as we just celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary last Thursday. We were eager to go pick up James though, and the three of us enjoyed the beautiful weather all afternoon. What a great weekend! What did you do?

5 comments :

Renee Shaw said...

I think your hair looks great!!! I'm glad you had a fun weekend, those are needed every once and a while for us moms hey?!

Kell Rees said...

Sounds like you had a really fun weekend! We all need girls night (or morning) out.
I think your hair looks so good. I love the bangs!

Domestic Bloggess said...

I did nothing half as exciting as that (although Palmer did learn to walk), but I just had to say FANTASTIC hair!!!

Dianna said...

You've been given a award go to my blog for details...

Schloops said...

Hey Heather - sounds like you got yourself one of those much-needed weekends.

I like your hair - and I totally understand your frustration with coming home from the salon and not being able to do it up like they've done. I've had that frustration until lately. Last time I went I decided that I'll drop whatever $$ it takes and just splurge. The stylist I had was really good (went to a place I've never gone before and now I'll keep going back to her) and bought whatever product she used for my hair and bought THEIR straightening iron. It was expensive, but I have to say worth it. I can seriously now do my hair just like they've done it and I'm actually happy with it - something that just doesn't happen on a regular basis.

I totally recommend a salon straightening iron that heats up to at least 400 degrees. I've tried Walmart type of brands and those just don't work. They suck. If you know someone that works in a salon, I've heard that they can get them pretty cheap wholesale - something like $40.00.