Wednesday, August 29

Long Weekend Fun

We are off for the long weekend coming up. I'm pretty excited, we'll be spending one night in Fargo and will do some SHOPPING (I didn't even realize until Rebekah mentioned it today that James counts towards our duty-free amount)! If you are a Bath & Bodyworks fanatic like me, here are links to some coupons you can use if you'll also be in the U.S. this weekend.

Then from there we travel just a few short hours to Fair Hills Resort. It is a great, relaxing weekend that includes several other Plett families. I can hardly wait. I wish it didn't involve packing though, and I am totally procrastinating by being on the computer right now. I just get overwhelmed with the amount of stuff we need for what seems like such a short time! Anyway, hopefully I'll get into gear soon and get it done. I tend to over-pack, which when it comes to a baby I don't think is a bad thing. It's SO hard to pack for this time of year though - I mean, it could be cold or it could be hot! I have to pack for both! In any case, I'm stoked about the new playpen I got at a garage sale for $25 a couple of weeks ago. It is in PERFECT condition, and is smaller and way easier to setup/pack than our other one. It will be perfect.

James has also been doing really well with his sleeping this week. He has had two nights of sleeping from 8:30pm to 6:30am, and one night where he had to cry a bit but still slept well. I am now trying to slowly move his bedtime later to avoid having to be up at 6:30 every morning! It's hard though, because he is really tired and crabby by 8:30! Anyway, I hope he'll do alright this weekend - but I don't think it is going to be hard to tire him out every day. There will be a lot to do and see!

Now to try out this video feature...

7 comments :

Erica H said...

Have a great long weekend! We may be in Fargo, too! We're thinking of going down to visit my sister, and see little baby Greta! :) Maybe we'll run into eachother at B&B Works...I LOVE that place, too! Oh, and James is pretty darn good on the piano...I think he's got some talent. ;)

Domestic Bloggess said...

I know it sounds ABSOLUTELY nutty, but it worked for us and a lot of other moms have told me the same. Try putting James down earlier so he'll sleep later. Even just try a half hour earlier and see what happens. Hopefully it works for you guys too!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Gina said...

Have fun in Fargo and Detroit Lakes! I am jealous that you are hitting up B & BW!

Andrea said...

Have fun shopping!! And I love James' piano playing! hehe...Tate plays like that too, and it's so cute!

Schloops said...

Awwwwwwwwww, James is just totally ubercute - like how can you freakin' stand it Heather?!?

Am really enjoying checking up on the little stinker and yourself through your blog. Is always good to see your mom and dad - they seem to totally fit in the grandparent role - like they were made for it. It's great to see - especially with such an adorable little munchkin!

Keep up the great posts!

Luvs, Sandie

Amber said...

Heather, check out:
http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com

There are tons of great printable coupons there...you have to sift through to find ones that aren't expired and ones that you'd actually use, but I found a bunch of good ones last week for Grand Forks when Raquel & I went. Maybe we'll meet up shopping this weekend! Hope you have a great time with your family!

Ang said...

these 2 vids killlll me!!!