Wednesday, August 1

CIO Nights No. 3 & 4

CIO Night No. 3 - Night number 3 was not too bad. James went down at 8:00pm, and woke up for his 11:30pm bottle. He went back down to sleep, and then woke up at around 2:20am. We let him cry for a bit, and when we went in to check on him he was not standing up in his crib - he was just on all fours. Hopefully that means that the new trick has grown old already! We laid him down, rubbed his back - and he would actually almost fall asleep, but as soon as we would leave the room, he would cry again. It lasted just over an hour, but finally he fell asleep and woke up at 8:00am.

CIO Night No. 4 - Night number 4, which was last night, is giving us some hope! We put James down at 8:00pm, he woke up for the 11:30pm bottle and went back to sleep without a problem. He slept until... drum roll please... 6:20am! I heard him peep a few times through the night, but he seemed to just put himself back to sleep. So, at 6:30am my hubby was going to go give James a bottle, but I said, "No, don't do that. We want him to learn to sleep until at least 7:00am, so let's just let him be for a bit". We whined and cried a little, but we DID NOT GO INTO HIS ROOM. It only took about 20 minutes, and he went back to sleep - and slept until 8:30am, when I woke him up! Heehee - it almost makes me giddy! I'm actually excited to see what he'll do tonight.

13 comments :

Raine said...

Congratulations on your CIO sucessful nights!
I am glad that you were able to stick to your plan and that you are seeing results! Yay James! Blessings as you continue to rasie James.

Nin said...

heheheheheh!!!!! Yay! Go team "you guys"!!!!!
Thats SUPER awesome that you didn't give him a bottle at 6:20, and look, he did totally fine and fell back asleep! You guys are doing an amazing job. While there have been a few people saying it may take a long time, I doubt it'll take long for James, since you guys are being so consistant. That it totally the key to be successful. Be blessed! I bet there is so much more peace in the home!

Nin said...

oh yeah, and they say that when you're training your children correctly, it's a joy.
So the fact that you're actually excited to go through it again tongiht, means you're doing it RIGHT

Domestic Bloggess said...

I just had to throw my congrats into the ring. It's so wonderful to hear you are having success ... sounds like James was ready, but he just didn't know it, until you showed him the way!

Jamie said...

Yippeee...I am so happy for you. You have light at the end of the tunnel. Sweet Dreams :0)

Beth said...

Oh, how awesome!!! I'm so glad it is working out!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Proud of yous.

kelly ens said...

way to go heather! as you stick to this, he'll form a NEW habit of getting back to sleep, and it will be a healthy one. SO glad for the hope you are feeling in this area, and pray that soon you will be enjoying full nights! WAHOO!!!

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

Glad to hear that your nights are getting better!

Liane

Ang said...

and soon that 20minutes will turn into 7 and that will turn into 4seconds and then we'll all sleep better ;)

Kell Rees said...

I'm so happy for you!
So how do you feel after getting your first night of good sleep in forever?
The only advice i wanted to give you is you may want to stop going in his room altogether when he wakes up. I did that at first with Hailey and it usually took her about an hour to fall back asleep because once she saw me she got all worked up again. Then i started standing by the door, i would crack it just enough for me to see her but not for her to see me and then it only took her about 10 minutes at the most.
I know it works but do whatever your comfortable with!
Good Luck tonight!!!

Dianna said...

I agree with what the last commenter before me said. Sweet dreams

Nin said...

wow....no offense to anyone at all!!!!!, but I think it's funny how when you were having all these bad nights, everyone was like, oh hang in there it'll get better.....he'll start sleeping on his own some day.....but now that you've decided to walk this out, everyone is coming out of the closet that they all used the cry it out method too!!!! lol....sorry, I just find it cute....
yeah....~peace~
oh yeah, and I agree with the last two comments....I think the ultimate goal is for you to not have to go in there at all. (but at the same time, baby steps....and you're doing really awesome)