Monday, August 20

Pic-A-Pox

Okay, I actually just couldn't resist using that title for my post! Hahaha! James is doing pretty well, considering that his arms, legs and toosh are covered in chickenpox! I've been keeping him in sleepers so that he can't scratch them - but as soon as he gets undressed for a diaper change he goes after them. So far he has none on his head, face or really on his torso at all - just the arms and legs, hands and feet. I am taking him to the local health nurse today, just to confirm that it is chickenpox. I've been giving him oatmeal/baking soda baths, slathering him in Calamine lotion, and giving him Tylenol. He's doing okay, but he is definately fussy, has little appetite, and the nights have been rough. Poor little guy! I feel so bad for him - but it will all be over soon. I will try and post some pictures later on.

3 comments :

Sabrina said...

Hi Heather, Sabrina here. Sorry to hear about James' pox, it must be so hard to watch him be uncomfortable! At least he won't remember having them when he gets older.

Question for you. Ken and I are looking for a baby monitor, and Rebekah mentioned that you really liked yours. Just wondering what kind it is. We have no idea about these things!

Thanks!

Drea said...

aweee poor james!!! do you know how he got it? btw i love ur new header up top. I had chickenpox at age 5.. was bad!
Caleb has been vaccinated for it... we havent gotten taite any vaccinations tho. So hes at risk. Oh well I lived ;-)
My friend in CALI is going to have a chickenpox party actually! for her 3 yr old

Domestic Bloggess said...

Heather I LOVE the reference to Pic-A-Pop. No one out here in Alberta (unless they are originally from Manitoba) knows what it is ... you made me lonely for "home". Thanks for the fun memory!