Monday, November 20

The Vet

I hope everyone is enjoying how often I am posting these days - because that is very likely to change once baby arrives! I am killing time in front of the computer, hence the number of (pointless) posts.

So I sucked it up, called my mom to join me, and we ventured off to the vet with the kitten this morning. She did pretty well in the car, so that was good - sometimes half the battle is getting the cat to the vet without going crazy! She got all checked out, got some xrays done on her paw, and thankfully it's nothing serious. Of course, the bill for the checkup sort of ruins my day - but I hate to see her suffer, so I suppose the price is worth it. Now she just has to take some pills and an oral pain reliever, and she should be good as new in a few days. In the process, however, she did manage to leave a big scratch across my big belly. It REALLY hurts to have a scratch across skin that is already pulled as tight as it can go!


I thought that today I was feeling sort of "different". I woke up feeling very emotional, and even a little shaky. Everything sort of feels surreal - however, there are no new aches or pains. I suppose tonight it's back to the drawing board for labour-inducing activities. I know that they have Castor Oil at the local Co-op. It's beginning to look very appealing... I should invite Jamie over to do Castor Oil shots with me.

4 comments :

-Me- said...

Hey hun! I really hope that you don't succumb to the idea of castor oil shots, my stomach turns for you! Don't worry, baby will be arriving soon...I'm guessing by the end of this week..hee hee!! Take care of yourself, and sorry about the scratch!

Melanie said...

Hi. I've been "lurking" on your blog after I saw your link on Warren & Liane's blog. I just wanted to say that castor oil is a definite inducer! My sister-in-law drank the few ounces one night and had her very healthy baby boy the next morning! Worked great! I also had a friend who purchased castor oil in desperation and before even getting a chance to drink it she went into labour - scared the baby right out, I guess.

Well, I'm looking forward to lurking on your blog and finding out when that new arrival comes! Praying for you!

-Mel

-Me- said...

If these do nothing else, I hope you laugh...I found you some recipes...LOL

2 oz of castor oil mixed with 2 oz of orange juice concentrate. Drink one or two glasses of water immediately after the cocktail.

2 oz of castor oil mixed with a large glass of juice. Serve in a glass with crushed ice.

3 tsp castor oil mixed with a glass of juice and 1 tsp baking soda.

mix 2 oz castor oil and some cola together, follow with 2-3 crackers.

Amber said...

hey, at least your kitten gave you something to do today ;)

as I just told Jamie...your pregnancy days are numbered Heather!! SOON you will be holding that baby in your arms! yay!