Thursday, November 9

Another Week?

I just got back from my doctor's appointment today. It went well, although there is no really exciting news. I am another centimetre dilated though - putting me at about 2cm. She says everything down there is ready to go - so we just keep waiting. She asked if she should "tinker", but I decided against it - even after all my complaining! I am curious to see if I will go into labour on my own in the next week. However, she said next week (if I haven't already had the baby), we'll do some tinkering to get things going. She is pretty confident that is all it will take. So, hopefully I don't have to go back next week, but we shall just wait and see! Thanks for all your prayers and support. I really, really appreciate it. I've just been feeling throughout this entire pregnancy that I am floating along on faith and prayers. It feels wonderful! God is so good to us, so faithful - in the good times and bad times.

He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. Deuteronomy 32:4 (NIV)

10 comments :

Kim Funk said...

Im so excited for you heather..i have been keeping updated with every post of yours, and i love how you blog..you always have something interesting for your audience :) and be sure to post lots of pictures once you have you precious bundle of joy!!!...Im gonna keep checking everyday to see if there is any news :)...good luck with everything..i wish you all the best..and if you can try to enjoy every minute of it..when i went into labour it was straight hard labour..through the pain it was somewhat of a joy for me because I NEW the baby was on its way..(your going to do just great i know it) :) after all i did recieve an epidural which made things even more fun i felt no pain and i was in hard labour :)

im sure you might have heard alot of terrible things about labour?maybe not..but really its a wonderful experience..im done my rambleing..blessings to you..

:)

Unknown said...

Note to Pepe: Hold off til Nov. 12 and weigh 7-11. Okay lil fella?

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time. Enjoy every anxious moment! Looking forward to hearing the news, and I hope everything goes really well. Just remember, don't have ANY expectations for labour -- don't worry that it'll hurt unbearably and don't think it'll be a piece of cake -- and you should be in good shape! :) Or as good as anyone about to have their first baby!! Blessings on your family.

Drea said...

hehe wont be long :-)
I was tinkered with... got things going alright. That day!
stripping the membrance usually works for most women... Atleast thast what I hear.
Whats one more week though :-)

Ang said...

yippee, a new post! i like your decision to postpone tinkerbell there. i didn't want it until i was overdue with mr.T.

Renee Shaw said...

My doctor stripped my membranes and I don't remember if it did anything, but I'm pretty sure it didn't. One thing that did work though...well I don't know if I should say! lol Let's just say my hubby and I did some "tinkering" of our own! That definitly worked! My water broke at 2am that same nite! Thanks to "kim funk" for giving me the great idea! That made me 3 days early with my son. And I'm sure if I don't go earlier we'll try it with the next one! :)All the best with your labour, it'll go fine...it's never as bad as the stories you hear or the shows you see on tv!

Christy said...

Hope it happens soon! Praying for you!

Janelle said...

tinkering is such a nicer word than the real words...
i can't wait my babe!!

Jamie said...

You have such self-control to not get the "tinkering" as you called it (nice way of putting it, by the way - was that your term or the doctors? :)
2 cm is pretty good - I was still only 1 this week despite all my contractions.
Thanks for sharing the verse at the bottom - I need some encouragement for myself too! I'm so tired of waiting!!

Dianna said...

Babe will come on the 21st of Nov. We'll see...