Wednesday, November 15

So Much for My Ticker

Well, I guess that's officially the end of the line for my pregnancy ticker! The next one will be baby's age. Woohoo! The countdown is on... just 2 hours until I see my Doctor, and we tinker. I am hoping that this will be my last post until after baby. It's tough not to get my hopes up, but I'm also trying to fight it. I was just in to get my (last) WinRho shot this morning, and there were three other ladies waiting as well - all over due! I suppose it only makes sense that I would fall into the 70% of women that go over due. The nurse said as I left "See you in two years", and I replied "That's the plan". She said to the other ladies, "See how brave she is - she is already planning on coming back in two years!". I laughed, because I knew I appeared to be brave thanks to all your prayers. I said that I figured since women have been doing this since the dawn of time, I think I can do it too. The other ladies all agreed.

So, here's to what I hope will be my last post for a few days. I love you all - and I can't wait to announce the arrival of baby. If that doesn't happen, well, I'll see you tomorrow then.

12 comments :

Trev and Rebekah said...

I thought of you today knowing it was the 15th. I constantly look for the light on in your house and hope that you are at the hospital. Hopefully real soon.

Becky said...

Hi Heather...I found your blog through my sister (Gina) and after reading through some of your archives on your other blog I realized I went to school with your brother Matt at the U of M...we were even in the same group for a marketing research project!
I really enjoy your blog and can't wait for the post that will tell us the baby is here!!!
Becky

Drea said...

Tinker Tinker Tinker! :-)

Amber said...

I got all excited reading this post!!!! COULD IT BE THE LAST? dunnndududunnnn ;)

Thinking of you today!

Jamie said...

For your sake, I hope the tinkering is a success!

Lindsay said...

Love and prayers...

Anonymous said...

When I started getting impatient for the birth of our 2nd I'd get my husband (and anyone else who would) to put their hands on my belly and say (like a TV evangelist rebuking a demonic spirit) "OUT!"

So, give that a try if the tinkering doesn't work.

Can't wait to hear the news...

Dixie Vandersluys said...

Can somebody tell me why the name link to my blog doesn't work? (It works when I link to my old blogger blog but not my new "non blogger" one!)

derek salmon said...

happy due date!

hi, i guess we have the same due date too! (there is another woman off of jamie's blog that has the same due date, but she delivered on nov 11).

anyway, hang in there. enjoy your last days, moments, etc. alone with your spouse--big changes are coming!

feel free to check out my story as i wait for the arrival of our second baby.

amanda

-Me- said...

Well, I hope the tinkering works.!! Lots of prayers for you today! Good luck, and can't wait to see the baby announcement!!!!

Anonymous said...

So far (8:23pm) nothing unusual.

Becky - that's so funny that you know my brother! He is quite excited to be an uncle, and just got home from Mexico yesterday.

Kim Funk said...

well looks like you and hubby will have to do some of your own tinkering ;)

good luck and i absolutly cant wait to see lots of pics of your baby..and of course you and your hubby holding the bundle of joy

enjoy these last few moments you have with your baby all cuddled up every so close in you.

After aidan was born i was sad that i couldnt 'protect' him all bundled up in side me. he was born into the world now faceing all kinds of new things..he no longer will ever be as close as he once was inside..i really had to leave aidan in Gods hands since the day he was born.. well really since the day i was prego..but ya know :)

huge blessing on you during this time.

count on all us bloggers to be waiting for the big announcement..you should have a friend do a blog for you the min or once you have your baby :) that way we know faster...

we are leaveing for the states thursday and will arrive home monday... i hope you will have had it by then :)

(wow longest comment i have ever done)