Tuesday, September 5

I'm Back!

Well, what a wonderful long weekend we had. Despite rain, and very cool weather (which felt great to me) we were able to relax, and just sit back and do nothing. It felt fantastic! I also got to spend some good quality time with my hubby, which was much-needed. Good times were also had with the rest of the family, and especially our dear little godchildren Gina (3) and Billy (1).

So I've reached the 30 week mark. Wow. I am completely in awe - just 10 more weeks... or more I suppose, if baby decides to hibernate longer. I am getting really excited, and also a little bit nervous. I'm more nervous about making sure everything is perfect for baby - not so much the baby's actual arrival. I'm pretty cool still with the whole idea of labour. Ryan and I start prenatal classes this week - maybe my idea will change! In any case, I feel mostly ready for the baby to come now, and am counting down the days.

Sleep isn't exactly working very well these days either. It's fairly uncomfortable now - and when I lie on my left side (as recommended) it feels like my ribs are folding over. Ouch! I also usually have to get up to pee once a night. Oh well, just a few more weeks - I think I can manage. It does frighten me to think that in the next ten weeks this baby is really going to start gaining weight! Yikes - my tummy is already so tight, and my belly button hurts! I've also started seeing a few stretch marks - so no more bare tummy shots - unless I Photoshop them. Hahaha! Other than that, I feel really great. I still have energy, and am pretty likely in the early stages of nesting. I want that baby room done SOON! I have to wait a few more weeks for the furniture to arrive. I'm getting quite impatient to have it, so I can set everything up.

Anyway, I'll have to take some updated pics this week. I'll post them soon!

4 comments :

Drea said...

Sleep will get worst and worst :-)
I remember it being very uncomfortable the last two months.
Just get lots of pillows!
Might have to kick hubby out of bed haha. no forreal you may.
I take up 3/4 of the bed NOW at just 6 months. Poor Travis (my husband) has mentioned "do you want me to sleep upstairs w/ Caleb?" (Caleb has a fullsize bed in his room thats empty right now).

I sleep with LOTS of pillows.
That helps me a lot.
I am able to sleep on my back some what because I prop a pillow behind my back and sorta sleep on it at a slant. That way I get the affect of sleeping on my back but im slanted so the weight of the baby isnt on my spine at all.
Its nice.

And dont let the "sleep on your left" side get to you to much.
I tried that... but Im sorry it just didnt work well lol.
I rotated all over the place.

I think as long as you dont feel discomfort or "odd" then your fine.
Your body will let you know if its hurting the baby.

Funny thing. With this 2nd pregnancy im having. Im only 6 month. But I am experiencing a lot more discomfort WAY sooner.
Strange huh?
Especially since im small this go around.

Hope it gets better for ya.

Janelle said...

I was just going to harrass you that there are no new pics!! i need my update!! haha...
i TOLD you the stretch marks will come, but don't worry, they fade!! you look beautiful anyway!
10 more weeks hey? i better get shopping!!
hugs!

vanessa c. eidse said...

hey heather... just wanted to let you know i've been thinking about you... ten weeks to go! that is so exciting... i am praying that the next while goes smoothly and wonderful for you... can't wait to meet the little babe one day.
and... i'm still planning on sending you a post card... just need to get my buns in gear.. hehe..
talk to you soon.
-vanessa

Anonymous said...

Drea - Thanks for the sleeping tips. Ya, Ryan got booted out of our bed a while back already. He is just TOO hot, and I take up most of the bed trying to find the cold spots.

Janelle - Ya, the stretch marks have come. Boohoo. I'll get on those pictures asap.

Ness - Thanks for stopping by! Hope your travels are going well.