Wednesday, September 20

Into Month Eight

Woohoo - I am now officially entering month numero eight! Can you believe it? I can barely believe it myself. Time seems to be flying, and I am still just counting down the days until the baby's due date. We got a message today that our baby furniture has now arrived! I am hoping I can get my hubby to humour me, and go pick it up this weekend so I can start putting our nursery together. I'm getting more and more excited each day, and on some other days starting to worry about whether I'm really going to be a good mom. Will I even know what to do once I have that baby at home? I imagine that I will eventually figure things out, but it still is a little nerve-wracking. Whenever I feel like that, I try praying about it - and that usually helps a lot. I'm sure Satan would love it if he could convince me that we will be awful parents. I won't let him succeed.

Remember how in my last post I wrote that baby announcements always come in bursts? Well, I got another call today! Another friend is prego!

My new favourite thing: Rooibus Manitoba Tea from Cornelia Bean Ltd., with Manitoba Blend Honey. If you can get your hands on this stuff - BUY it! It's so delicious!

3 comments :

Wenona said...

Nice furniture! And Heather, I don't know you that well, but for the few hours I got to spend with you, I KNOW that you are going to be a great mom. You'll figure everything out in a snap!
And for the tea, TOTALLY agree with you. I LOVE the chai or fireside chat tea blends - they have more of a spice blend to them. I am hoping for some tea and that cool mug you make it in for Christmas!

Drea said...

Hi Heather,
Love the furniture, its very pretty.
I never did get to pick out baby furniture :-( we were hurting for money when Caleb was born... still kinda are haha... but not so much.
And well we just inherited Travis brothers kids old crib... which was fine because his children didnt ever use it.

No changing table though.
We have a nice graco pack-n-play though that has a basinet built in and a changing table attached as well.

I have it set up as we speak :-)
Still change my lil 2 yr old Caleb on it haha. Hopefully that will end soon!!

Any how.
I think you'll be just a fine mom!
Just remember its YOUR baby. NOT the old ladies at church... or your Grandmas. Know what I mean?
People will constantly try to tell you what to do... or tell you what your doing wrong.

Just because your a 1st time mom doesnt mean you shouldnt try things "your own way" 1st.
Thats what I did! and not to sound arogant here lol but my way worked better than A LOT of people.

Not many people can say their newborn slept through the night by a week old...
was off the bottle by 10 mo.
and had no pacifier by a year.
;-)
I am very proud! woo! lol

Ang said...

That's a fabulous change table you got going on there.
Heath, could you please send me a teabag of the rooibus when you have time inbetween refolding onesies and counting down the seconds to your due date :) love you.