Wednesday, September 13

Looking Back, Looking Forward


Many of you have been reading my blog almost since it's conception, which is approaching a year. That means I have been pregnant for nearly a year - with the exception of the month of January 2006, during which I was "unpregnant" for the entire month, although still feeling very pregnant. To celebrate the commencement of month eight of my pregnancy, I decided to read my own blog from start to present.

It's hard to believe that I've come from there to where I am today, all in a matter of a year. Many of you have been cheering me on from the sidelines, and I just want to thank you for staying it out with me - and for helping me to get here - with my faith in tact, and a slew of new friends. Reading through my posts since last October I shed many tears, and laughed a few times, but mostly just stood in awe at how God has worked miracles in my life. My blog is evidence of answered prayers, and then there are the beautiful comments left by each of you. You lifted my spirits so many times, and were truly God sent messengers to me when I was most in need of encouragement. Thank you so much for allowing Him to speak through you, and directly to my heart and soul. You words have been precious.

I have so much in my life, I am so blessed. It is a sin for me to take anything for granted. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for the wonderful gift that is being created in me. I'll admit that I am feeling tired, a little bit huge, a little uncomfortable, and even a little bit worried - but at the end of the day, when I feel that baby kicking, I just have to say "thank you Lord".

I am so in love with this little life, the next 63 days couldn't possibly go by fast enough before I get to hold that baby, and kiss it, and SEE it! Don't worry! I have been plenty warned that the last days will go by VERY slowly. Hopefully I don't go too long overdue, if at all. Ryan and I have also pretty much got our names chosen now, which I am quite excited about! I can't wait to share the name with you - or course, you will have to wait until baby arrives for that.

5 comments :

Janelle said...

i can't believe the last year either. it's been awesome to walk with you! and i can't wait to hear the names, that's my favorite part!

Nin said...

You have overcome mountains, it's been an absolute privelege to be a witness to it all. God is good and he is so faithful, your stories shared on here have been encouraging and unlifting to the body of Christ around you. thank you for your thank yous, but it's really us who should be thanking you. your transparency, your desire for righteousness, your heart after the Lord and perseverance in the desert times, have shown us all that our God is nothing short of amazing, and that he is good to his children when they seek after him. Bless you my sister in Christ, you have done so much in my life, just knowing how you have walked, encourages me to walk the same. I'm so glad that God led me right to your blog that day, he knew i needed to hear all that you have to say.

Wenona said...

It has been so great to get to know you - and even meet you. I have been so blessed with meeting new people through blogging!
Looking over the last year for you has been unreal. I admire your courage and integrity as you have been through valleys as well as many mountain tops. You are in my thoughts and prayers as the last days are approaching!
Blessings...

Trev and Rebekah said...

Heather, I have been glad that I was able to get to know you over some of this time too. You are an amazing friend.

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

Your Blog has been very encouraging for me too! Especially right now, as I face the same situation and pain as you did last December! And your blog shows me, that there is always hope! Can't wait to see Babypics!