Sunday, September 24

Need Some Sleep

Okay, I have officially come to a point where I am no longer sleeping well. I spend a good portion of the night tossing and turning from one side to the other - and sleeping on my back absolutely doesn't work anymore. It's pretty nuts! Some nights I turn on a lamp and read, or get up and walk around, or just stare into the dark and think about how much I'd love to be asleep! Usually the baby is awake too, and "dances" on the side of my tummy that is resting on the bed.

It has actually become a really awesome time to pray - because what else do I have to do! I usually end up falling asleep once I get into prayer, but it's a really special time and I'm happy for it. It's given me a lot of time to reflect on what type of mom I want to be - and then to pray for the wisdom, patience and energy to become that type of mom. I am definately falling more and more in love with this little person. I dream about being able to snuggle that little body, and kiss all those fingers and toes. I also can't wait to see my husband holding his little baby! It is amazing how God has created us to carry life, and how we can become so in love with a baby long before we ever even see it.

I wanted to put a prayer or verse up in the baby's room. I made this little picture, and just need to find a frame for it so I can put it up.

5 comments :

Tannis said...

Funny that you mention the "dancing" on the side. In that same position I swear that Ivy did the "running man" move and it freaked me out. I'd actually jump up and yell occsionally when I'd get woken up that way. Wasn't so good for Jer's sleep either.

Drea said...

Yeahhh they do move a lot! its worst with the 2nd ;-)
Not like BAD... but I feel this baby move far more than I did w/ my 1st. Its like the never ending dancing baby. Forever moves.
It will pass though.
Hope you can find a comfortable position.
Lots of pillows.

Wenona said...

Aww! So nice Heather - that's a great little prayer to put up in the baby's room. I'm sorry you're not sleeping well, but I'm glad you are finding that quiet time with God.

Unknown said...

smiles.

aww that is swet. The baby dancing.

smiles.

Ang said...

Heather, this is such an incredible post, made me all tingly...somethi'n about it...