Saturday, September 30

Girl's Night Out

Last night my neighbour Rebekah had a bunch of girls over for a pedicure/movie night. It was SO much fun! I don't often hang out with all of the girls that were there, so that was a highlight. I think I will likely see more of them once Pepe arrives, as most of them are moms or expecting moms.

We started off the evening by filling our "tubs" with hot water, and all kinds of delicious smelling powders and oils to soak our footsies in. The tubs ranged from a full-fledge Dr. Scholls massaging foot soaker, to a small mixing bowl. One was even using a canning basin! It was funny - but it was so relaxing. Then out came the buffer creams, and lotions. Everyone's feet were like brand new! We all pooled our various nail polish colours to the centre of the circle, and each girl could choose. Thanks to Becky who gracious painted my toenails for me (two coats even) - as I can't reach too well anymore.

We paused in between to raid the snack table to which everyone had contributed. There was some great spinach dip, hot taco dip with tortillas, chocolate chip cookies, some kind of to-die-for squares, pumpkin cream cheese squares, and gallons of iced tea.

We then all piled onto the couches and the floor to watch "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants". A great chick flick to end off the evening.

What a super time it was. I just bask in evenings like this, as I know it will be awhile before I can really get out after the baby arrives. It was cute to see Brandi run out to her mom's to feed her daughter, and then come back to watch the rest of the movie! Thanks Rebekah for having us - despite not feeling well, you were a great hostess.

2 comments :

Nin said...

that's great that you got to have one last girls night before little one comes.
cute toes (for being feet and all) :P

Kim Funk said...

That is so great to hear about your girls night!!!..and i have to agree your toes are so cute!!!
i love painting toes, in summer i have to change my own do often!!!