Tuesday, August 29

The Long Weekend

Tomorrow we are off to Fargo, North Dakota for a couple of nights, and then on to Fair Hills Resort for the long weekend. We go together with Ryan's side of the family, and it has been a tradition for over 20 years. It's really relaxing at the Resort, so I am really excited to spent the weekend with Ryan there. I cherish all of these "child free" weekends we have left together (just 11 more) - so it's nice to spend them away from home at a place like Fair Hills.

I am much looking forward to doing a little bit of shopping in Fargo - particularly for some baby necessesities at Target, and some fall/winter clothes from JC Penney. The exchange rate is pretty good right now, and I did some price comparisons and buying stuff in the U.S. is actually a fair bit cheaper than here. For example, the Avent Microwave Steam Sterilizer at Toys R Us in Winnipeg costs $56 Cdn. At Target, the same sterilizer costs $42 Cdn (even with duty added) - a savings of $14! So, I might pick that up while I'm down there, as well as some crib sheets, sleepers, and a few other essentials. I'm still finding it tough to narrow it down to what I will really end up needing for the baby. Pray that I make smart and economical decisions!

3 comments :

Nin said...

Wow, only 11 more child free weekends? Time is flying so fast! I'm so happy for you, I hope you have a super relaxing time at the resort. Enjoy your time out there!
God will bless you with all that you need when you're out there, I'm sure you'll find some great deals! Good luck and happy shopping!

Christine said...

Looks like an amazing place to stay! Have fun!

Jenn Johnston said...

Hi, don't know if you remember me, but you left a comment on my blog months ago, shortly after your miscarriage.. my name is Jennifer Johnston (jenjohnsplace.blogspot) I just had to write you to say Congratulations!!! I am so very happy for you and will be praying for you. It looks like we have a lot in common. I'm so glad to hear you are having a healthy pregnancy. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. Best wishes for an easy delivery and healthy baby. God Bless You!
Jennifer
jjohnsto@hotmail.com