Tuesday, August 15

Wow, God is GOOD!

I had written a big long post last night, and as I went to publish it - my computer froze. I was so upset, and contemplated trying to rewrite the whole thing. But I gave up. "Maybe God just didn't want me to post that", I thought. Well, I was right! God didn't want me to post that until I had read my Bible study chapter for this week. We're taking a Max Lucado book called "It's Not About Me".

Tonight I read through chapter twelve, and was suddenly reminded of something. I was reminded of a girl who walked out onto a beach in Hawaii eight months ago, and screamed out to God. She was angry, hurt, sad, and empty. Where was her God? Why was He hurting her? What had she done to deserve this pain?

"Your pain has a purpose. Your problems, struggles, heartaches, and hassles cooperate toward one end - the glory of God. 'Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory' (Psalm 50:15)". Max Lucado

I'll never forget how it felt to be angry at God like that, for taking the baby. It seemed so pointless, without any reason to mortal me. However, the more I realize that the hard times in life are the ones that matter, the more I learn to appreciate them. I pray for the strength and courage to learn how to show God's glory through those tough times. Much easier said than done, that's for sure. However, it gives me joy and peace in knowing that my past pain has not been for naught. God has already been gracious enough to show me at least one way in which the loss of our baby was part of His plan for someone else's salvation.

"What about your struggles? If there any chance, any possibility, that you have been selected to struggle for God's glory? Have you 'been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but to also suffer for His sake' (Philippians 1:29)"? Max Lucado

I hope I was. I hope my struggles have been a light to someone. I hope that somehow, I have given someone a glimpse of Christ in me. I pray that I can do that every day, every hour, every second - no matter what it is that faces me, may I always reflect the face of God. 'Tis so true to say, "a season of suffering is a small assignment when compared to the reward". I pray that I can always see the reward, and look past my suffering as an opportunity to shine for God.

For the many of you that are facing challenges today, I'm praying for you. I hope that you will be encouraged by these words, as I was, and that you know you are not alone. God is a gracious and mighty God, and He is not punishing you. He is using you for His great plan and purpose, even in times of struggle. May you be richly blessed today and always.

4 comments :

Trev and Rebekah said...

I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks for sharing!

Nin said...

wow, amen sister.
You are such ana encouragement. Your testimony is amazing, and God just continues to make is bigger and greater, He has big plans for you and yours. That was such a tragic thing you had to walk through, I can not imagine the pain you must have felt, but the courage and hope and perseverance you walked in through it all, definately showed God's glory in the midst of heartache and trials. I pray too that my walk would reflect these things. Thank you for sharing.

Janelle said...

you HAVE been a light - to so many. YOu have taken the darkest part of your life, and become joyful through it. and GOd has blessed you.
Those words resound in me...they are my story also - though not one of so much pain...but enough that i could have written that...
Please keep me in your prayers, I know you do...and I appreciate it.

Drea said...

Thats happen to me before :-)