Wednesday, February 1

A Letter to Baby

Dear Baby Plett,

Today I really want you back. Some days I'm just so happy that you are in Heaven with Jesus, and healthy, and having fun. Other days, I want to have you back here with daddy and I. In a few days I would have been 5 months pregnant with you. Over half way through the pregnancy! I'd be feeling you kicking, and daddy and I would have had your name all picked out. We are really missing all the times we just lay in bed, with daddy's hand on my tummy, talking about you - and what we were going to do once you were here. I haven't put all your things away yet, because it is too hard for me to do it. I feel like putting your things away is like putting hope away, and I still have hope. I'm hoping for another baby, and I'm hoping it won't be too long before I'm pregnant with your brother or sister. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten my promise to tell them about you. Some people think I shouldn't use the things I got for you for your brothers or sisters, but I think I will. I think they will like the fact that their blanket, or teddy bear used to be for their angel sibling in Heaven. Baby, we really, really loved you a lot - even though we didn't even know what you looked like. We didn't care whether you would be a boy or girl, or anything like that. So, today I wish I had you back. I wish my tummy was big and fat again, and that you would be there inside. I don't mean to make you sad Baby, I just want you to know that you are loved and missed. I think about you every day - almost every hour. I've been trying to imagine what you are up to there in Heaven. I pray that you are the most fun baby up there, and that you meet all the other babies that arrive there every day with a big hug and a smile. Maybe you can ask God if He'll let you have my dog Max up there with you to play with. Oh, and say "hi" to grandma and grandpa Kroeker, and great-grandma Britton.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment :

Lindsay said...

Heather, I took some time to get caught up on your blogs today - it's so nice to hear what's going on in your life, even though we don't see each other nearly as often as we should.

As always, you amaze and inspire me. I know the last month has been so difficult for you, and I'm sure the emotions - both good and bad - have run deep. And that's okay. We have a God who's tough enough to handle even our anger that gets directed toward Him.

You've handled this really tough time with grace and faith. And that's so encouraging to me.

Lots of love,
Lindsay