Wednesday, February 15

Prayers from Around the World

And here I thought I wasn't going to be posting for awhile... I just always have something to say I guess!

I've just been so blessed by the number of people who prayed for Ryan and I, and are still praying for us. The prayers have come from all over the world, including many parts of the U.S.A., Mexico, Europe and Australia. Of course, we have had many prayers go up for us here in Canada, and especially right here at home. Every single prayer is felt. I had often heard people stand up in church during sharing time on Sunday morning, and say "we can feel your prayers". I always thought it was sort of a silly thing to say, I mean, how can a person "feel" prayers? But I have totally changed my thinking! From every moment throughout the whole ordeal of losing our baby I have actually literally felt everyone's prayers. In my lowest moments, I would suddenly feel my burden being lifted and would think, "hey, someone just prayed for us". Even now, when things are getting better every day, and we are looking forward and planning for the future I will get a little boost in energy, or joy and know that someone prayed for me today. I know my mom and my grandma are great prayer warriors, and they will be praying for us every day. I know many of you out there are great prayer warriors too, and you have helped me to heal. Can someone tell me where that verse in the Bible is about "where two or three are gathered"? Prayer is SO powerful. I've never used it as much as I have in the last month, but I will always use it like I have now. I've seen so many answers lately. Sometimes it seems like prayers go unanswered. Sometimes it's because the timing isn't right, or because God gives us an answer we possibly didn't want to hear. Sometimes it's because we are praying without real faith. I think a lot of my life I've spent praying for things I want, but not really praying in faith. After losing the baby I prayed more fervently and faithfully than I ever had before - and now there are things happening all around me! It's so incredible! God is AMAZING!

2 comments :

Janelle said...

Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.–Matt. 18:20

Heather said...

Thanks Janelle!