Tuesday, February 28

Medication-Free Cold

Although I am no longer expecting, I decided that I would still try to keep my body free from various medications, and alcohol. So, I'm trying to tough-out this nasty cold that I've got without medications. These are a few of the home remedies I've used, and found to work.

Vapo Rub - Not really a home remedy I guess, but it's not ingested, and has really been working wonders for me. I use it just before bed on my throat, and a dab just under my nose to help me breath.

Steam - Whenever I have the kettle boiling for our next pot of tea, I stick my face in the steam and breath it in. This really helps clear the air ways, and it feels good too.

Salt Water - A few gargles of salt water and my cough and sore throat seem to disappear.

Plugged Nose Cure - Make a mixture of 1 cup water, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. baking soda. Pour a few drops into your hand, and sniff it up your nose. It clears it up relatively quickly. I find that if my nose is really, REALLY plugged it takes a few doses, but it sure feels good to be able to breath.

Lemon Drink - This one tastes just like NeoCitran! A mug of hot water, with lemon juice and honey, make it to your liking. It really soothes all the senses, and is perfect just before bed.

2 comments :

patti said...

thanks for the tips...we'll try them next time a cold comes a knocking at our house.

Janelle said...

since i now have a cold - i will be trying all of the above!! thanks sweets!