Saturday, January 30

Potty Training Day 5 & the Twins

Potty training day five was another success! James woke up dry, and had a pee on the potty after we stripped him down in the morning. We went to a playdate, where he wore underwear and pants and he had no accident. Once we got home for lunch he got stripped down to underwear, and went down for his nap with a Pull-up. He woke up dry, and spent the rest of the afternoon undressed. I think he had another pee. I then let him wear underwear, and we practiced pulling it up and down, and he seemed to get it. In the evening he had a pee and I think a poo with daddy at home (unless otherwise noted, I always mean in the potty). Come bedtime, we put him in a Pull-up and tried to get him to pee before bed. After tucking him in, he came out of his room and asked to go pee. He did! Yay! And off he went back to bed. Again, he woke up this morning dry, and peed after his pajamas came off in the potty. He was then dressed all morning, and we tried to pee at McDonald's but it was "too scary". He still hasn't used a big potty. Anyway, he has remained accident-free, and we are thrilled! Here's hoping to continued success. I may or may not continue to document our progress. I might need advice on how to get him to use the big toilet, especially while we're out. I bought a portable potty seat today, the kind that fold up, so I hope that will help.

Also, yesterday marked two years since we lost our "twins" - our first attempt at baby number two. That was my most sad and heart-breaking miscarriage. I had hoped I would never miscarry again, and I was SO excited to make James a big brother, and then things started to feel... not right. I prayed so hard not to lose that baby. As much as the thought of twins overwhelms me, it would have been neat to have that experience. Guess I will just have to wait until Heaven! I haven't named any of our angel babies, but for some reason when I think of these two names from The Lord of the Rings come to mind - the prominent females from the stories, Eowyn and Arwen.

2 comments :

Tammy G. said...

I used to take the portable potty with me for the first while. I had the box it came with so it fit in the back of the stroller good. Also, St. Vital's nursing room has an awesome children's size toilet. Just to warn you, my kids used to be deathly scared of public bathroom flushes. They seem 10x louder. Congrats on the success!

Trev and Rebekah said...

It's not to late to name the babies. Thinking of you as you grieve and reflect on the twins. Hugs. It's times like this I wish I was there to remember with you and dream with you. Though your miscarriages were hard and it sucks that you have had so many I am thankful that you knew how to encourage me and walk with me in mine. You are loved!

Yeah for no accidents. Keep going buddy!