Wednesday, December 10

Puts a Smile on My Face

In just over a week we are off to Maui, Hawaii for a couple of weeks. I absolutely cannot WAIT! I feel VERY, EXTREMELY blessed to have been able to enjoy this wonderful dream vacation more than once in a lifetime. It truly is something I thank God for. The opportunity to see Hawaii has not been one I've taken for granted. I also can't wait to see what James will think of it. He is at a really great travelling age this year, although he is a veteran traveller - having made the trip to Maui when he was just 5 weeks old (see photo below).


So besides just getting away from it all with the family that I adore, here are just a few highlights of things I am looking forward to on our trip (in very random order)...

Shopping in White/Black - one of my favourite stores.

Café Ciao - a little deli in our Hotel, the best place to get a delicious salad or wrap for lunch. Nevermind the drink selection, snacks, and fun kitchen gadgets and doo-dads.

The Shops at Wailea - the outdoor mall!

Our wonderfully luxurious room!

The pool - especially when it's lit up at night.

Louis Vuitton - it's always nice to browse, and stare in awe at the prices people are willing to pay for a name on a purse (which I totally would if I could).

Lappert's Ice Cream & Coffee Shop - need I say more?! Just think: homemade-tasting coconut pineapple ice cream in a waffle cone.

The Hotel - it's beautiful!

Macadamia nut crusted Mahi Mahi (fish) at Roy's Restaurant. YUMMY!

Polo Beach

The bathroom in the Hotel - it's so grand, it makes me feel famous.

And last, but certainly not least, the chocolate soufflé at Roy's Restaurant. There is nothing to compare it to... Heaven maybe?!

14 comments :

Rena said...

Lucky girl! I went to Maui in 2006 - loved it and can't wait to go back one day. Have a great time! I'm sure James will love every minute of it!

Amber said...

i'm glad you have a trip like this to look forward to heather! thx for the chat last night...you have such a wonderful outlook on life and i walked away encouraged. blessings to you today.

Gina said...

Oooooo, nice you are so lucky to be able to do this!! Can I come along?! ;)

Erica H said...

JEALOUS! As I look out onto our snow covered yard...you get to be on white sand beaches! Have a BLAST!!

Julie and Greg said...

Ohhhh I am jealous of you right now!!! Have a wonderful trip!

Nin said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is all I can say.

Wenona said...

So if your suitcase is a little heavier than you thought it would be - just check inside for me!
Have a wonderful wonderful trip! Everything looks absolutely AMAZING and yes, if I could afford a purse with a "name" on it - I would buy one too!
Will be praying for James on the flight that it will all go smoothly.

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

Agreed. Love Maui. Was there last summer and this past summer as well. Love the white & black market. We usually stay in Kaanapali. I was made for hot sunny weather :) Enjoy the trip; may you come back relaxed and refreshed! :)

Robin Fehr said...

Firstly, I still can't believe that you managed to go to Maui when James was only 5 weeks old!! Brave Girl!
The shopping, food, and hotel look amazing too! You deserve a vacation girl! Soak It Up!

Janelle said...

jealousjealousjealous! how long is the flight over water?? i want to go there!!!

Anonymous said...

From Vancouver it's about a 6 hour flight over the ocean.

Roo said...

oh fun!!! one of my favorite memories of hawaii is macadamian nut ice cream and COCONUT SYRUP ON PANCAKES!!!!

i had totally forgotton until i read your post. THANKS ALOT!
:)

have an incredible time....

Roo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.