Wednesday, July 19

Miracles

Can you believe that this little angel was born at 23 weeks? Amazing! I can't imagine that my little baby is already this big. The entire article about baby Rumaisa can be seen here. I am so amazed that my baby already has about a 15% chance of survival if born now. In the next week that percentage already goes up to more than 50%!

I just experienced something so miraculous this morning. I played a game with Pepe! I was laying in bed on my back, and Pepe was kicking me. I pushed on my tummy wherever I felt a kick, and the baby would kick back! It was sooooooo neat, and I just had thankful and awestruck tears flowing down my face. How awesome! If I push and poke I can tell where the baby is inside, but I can't tell what it is I am pushing on! If it kicks back, I know I've found some feet - but it could be punches, and what I'm feeling is hands. Who knows?!

I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well.

Psalm 139:14

5 comments :

Janelle said...

one of my favorite memories with Kamryn! i still get chills & big grins when i think about it...by the end you begin to take it for granted...
enjoy the miracle in you Heather!

Christine said...

God is definitly an amazing God!

Darlene Schacht said...

How cute. You could almost tickle his toes.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Glad you are finding so much joy in your pregnancy. You're going to be a great mom. I look forward to visiting this little person lots.

Wenona said...

Wow - that is so awesome Heather! I really admire how you take every moment to the fullest, it is really encouragaing.