Thursday, June 1

Panic Attacks, My Last Week of Work & The Obstetrician

Yesterday I had a little bit of a scare! My doctor's secretary called and told me that the Rh Lab in Winnipeg had called, and I need to get another shot of WinRho. She seemed unsure if I needed it immediately, or if it could wait (my doctor wasn't in, so she couldn't ask her) - but she told me just to ask my obstetrician on Friday, as she new I was going to be seeing her. I hung up the phone. Two minutes later panic set in! What if I needed that shot NOW?! What if I shouldn't wait?! I called my husband, and he calmed me down, and told me to call the secretary back and ask her to ask for a doctor's opinion. I did as he told me, and although the secretary probably thought I was going nuts, she humoured me. She called back, and said the doctor on call felt it was fine to wait. Hallelujah! I mean, we're dealing with a baby's LIFE here, right?

Today is also my last full day of work. Crazy! I will likely still come in a little next week, but otherwise, I'm outta here! I'm a little scared about the drop in income, but otherwise I'm excited about all the rest of it. I will be working from home too, but that will be much more relaxing and I can work as much or as little as I like. Woohoo! So, those of you who send to my work email, please use my personal email eternal_13@yahoo.com. And, you can reach me at home during the day!

Anyway, I go to meet my obstetrician tomorrow morning. I am pretty excited! I don't have a clue what to talk to her about, but I guess she'll know. I am going to ask her to check the heartbeat again, if she doesn't already check it. I just love to hear that beat - it makes me relax. What do you suggest I should be asking her about, or talking to her about?

2 comments :

Janelle said...

i honestly don't remember what i asked most of my visits...probably if my weight was still ok - and if she thought the baby was in the right position - but that was later on...i agree, just hearing the heartbeat is all i cared about...so excited for you - can't wait to see you in 1 week & a bit!!

andrew + camille said...

so excited for you...

please keep us updated on your life and little life inside of you...