Thursday, June 15

Forever in Our Hearts

As we near the date of Baby Plett's would-have-been due date I am reminded of a special gift that we received the day after the D & C. It was a little album given to us from my friend Heidi, who had received the same album when she miscarried with her first baby. Now a happy mother to her baby boy Kai, she wanted to pass on the gift to us, as it had been healing for her. She warned me not to even look at it until I was ready. I didn't really know at the time what she meant by that. When I first paged through the album, I thought it seemed like "too much". I didn't know that I would want to fill in all these pages about a baby I never knew, and if I wanted to put that much emphasis on it. However, after a few weeks I realized I wanted that baby to be remembered, and the next time I opened the pages they appeared like a beautiful space to record my brief memories on. If you, or anyone you know is dealing with the grief of a miscarriage, may I suggest getting this little album. It is a really special gift, and it helped me to heal as I read the pages and filled in my few little memories of our first little miracle. You can buy them online at www.quietrefuge.com for $14.99 (US).

4 comments :

Unknown said...

I know it sounds weird but how would you suggest I send you a gift for the baby?

I know this is the internet and all and you gotta be careful. But lemme know if you'd like for me to do that.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Heather, I like the idea of that book. It's so amazing what journaling can do for the soul. How are you holding up these days? We should do coffee again some time soon!

Sharon said...

What a great idea. A nice blogger friend sent me a beautiful book, and it helps tremendously. I would also like this album. So it's more of a journal, or do you include your ultrasound photos in this? Thank you for sharing this with us. And prayers for you and your dh as your original due dtae nears.

Heather said...

a.run - My email address is eternal_13@yahoo.com. If you send me an email there, I will send you our mailing address. Of course, you don't need to send us a gift!

Rebekah - We are definately due to go for coffee. Things are going great here. Hope the same for you!

Sharon - Yes, it is more of a journal, but you can definately put in photos and things if you like. Each page is sort of given a theme, like what your dreams were for your baby, etc.