Wednesday, March 22

If At First You Don't Succeed...

I have a friend who has been trying to get pregnant for some time now, but with no success. My heart just breaks for her, because I know how it feels to have a dream - and then have it taken away, time and time again. I Googled "what the Bible says about perseverance", and found this great outline study of patience in the Bible. Here is a portion of it, talking about why we should react to situations with patience:

We do not make a quick reaction, because...
(1) God has a bigger perspective
(2) God has a purpose in it all
(3) God is in control
(4) God wants to act in control through you
(a) in grace - His activity by His character
(b) in love - that seeks highest good of others
(c) in thanksgiving - that recognizes His grace
(d) in joy - gladness of grace
(e) in hope - confident expectation that He does all things well
(f) by faith - our receptivity of His activity
Rev. 13:10 - "perseverance and faith"
(g) in action - persistence, perseverance, constancy
Ps. 37:7 - "Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him"

On that note however, I am also suspicious of another friend of mine who I believe is pregnant, but hasn't told anyone yet! We'll see if my intuitions are right...

1 comment :

Janelle said...

that "waiting patiently" is the hardest part. i can remember reading that over & over...but it still was super hard.