Tuesday, March 14

Have Faith My Child

I'm sorry for the big outburst I had yesterday. I just felt totally overwhelmed, and I didn't know where to turn. Thankfully, God always comes through for us - even when we go pyscho on Him! As someone commented yesterday, He is faithful even when we are faithless. Thank you for that reminder.

I went to for coffee with a friend last night, and it felt really good to talk about everything I was feeling. I always feel better after I talk about my problems, and she was a particularly good listener. (Thanks Rebekah!) When I got home and crawled into bed, I just let it all go to God. "Here you go", I said, "I can't do this without You". And He took my burdens. I feel much, MUCH better today - and I feel hopeful. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday (just so happened there was a cancellation, so I could get in almost right away) and so we'll see what she has to say.

Thank you so much everyone for continuing to read my blog, even when I'm wallowing in self-pity. Your prayers are cherished, and they are working. God bless you all!

Praise You in this Storm
Casting Crowns

I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen"
and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God
Who gives and takes away

Chorus:
I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God
Who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

5 comments :

Kimberley said...

I can't even imagin to know how you feel because just from finding out I wasn't pregnant the other day I cried for 2 days and we weren't even trying. Just hang in there and what you said it totally true that you gotta give it to God because the reality of it is that God made you and knows you and has control of everything even this situation that makes you hurt. And even though it might hurt the cool thing is that He is there to hug you through it all, He doesn't just act and run, He sticks it out with you.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Heather, I am always here for you. I thank you for wanting to get to know me and making an effort in that. Looking forward to living beside you soon.
I Love Casting Crowns. IS that song from their new cd?

Darlene Schacht said...

Heather, the answer to your question is yes. Use that one, or you can email me for an updated one, a little longer, and a little more in-depth. The new version is a chapter in my book, but you are welcome to print either.

I originally wrote it for Blogger Lynne Decock last year. I was greiving for her.

Darlene Schacht said...

Oh, if you need my email, it's in my sidebar.

Anonymous said...

Rebekah - Yes, this song is on their new album "Lifesong". I don't own it, but I heard the song on CHVN and just loved it. I'll probably pick up the album.