Monday, November 1

Feeling Like Me Again

It feels so incredibly good to feel like me again! Honestly, the last two months have been the first time since about February that I have truly felt normal. I am loving each moment, and have just been able to truly appreciate feeling genuine happiness, contentment, joy, peace, love... I thought that I had lost these things, and wondered if I would be trapped in that feeling of a mental whirlwind forever. I knew it was just going to be a matter of time - and the right combination of circumstances - that would eventually get me out of that rut. That, and God.

I have diligently been doing my Bible study for the last two months - and some may say it's a coincidence, but I doubt it - that it's been one of the circumstances that has changed my life. This Beth Moore series we're doing on the fruit of the Spirit is phenomenal. I have started making it part of my daily routine - to pour out to God, and allow Him to fill me with the Spirit. I saw instant results. That's right - it was instant. Sometimes, in the words of Beth Moore, I have been able to "change my day" and at the same time "change my life". What an amazing tidbit of wisdom!

The fact that I can now blog is evidence of a change. I tried to blog over the last few months, but my mind was filled with so many thoughts - much of it negative - that I couldn't formulate my ideas, and would just sit blankly at the screen until I gave up. Now my mind is clear. I can focus. I get an idea, and then I find the right time to sit and blog it. I can feel the Spirit pushing my direction (not always, but a lot of the time), and sometimes even changing my responses to situations without me realizing what's happening! That alone seems to have made a difference within my marriage, and my responses to my kids.

So if you are part of a small study group - take "Living Beyond Yourself". Or start a group of women and take it. Or just do it for yourself. It will change your day... and your life.
P.S. I believe that this post was specifically written to impact someone. I was unable to post it for about a week now or more, and finally it worked - after I PRAYED that it would work. Not sure who you are, or in what way this is meant to be for you - but don't ignore the message! I hope you will be blessed!

1 comment :

Teri said...

This is awesome to read! I'm so glad things are back on track for you and you're "you" again - it's a rough journey but you've done it!