Tuesday, November 16

Jesus Is the ONLY Way

Some of the core and foundational roots of what I believe as a Christian have been questioned recently. The verses below are the Scriptures that I believe to be truth, and that state with authority that Jesus is our Saviour. Without Jesus, we are not saved. But with that, it's also important to me that people understand that we are not here to judge. I don't know anyone's heart but my own. However, I want to speak the truth, I do not want to deceive, and I don't want anyone living in blatant sin to think that I approve. You need to believe in Jesus. You need to know Him. There is NO other way to Heaven.

Isaiah 43:10,11 - “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”

John 5:23 - that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

John 8:24 - “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM He, you will die in your sins.”

John 9:35-38 - Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?” He answered and said, “And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?” Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you.” And he said, “Lord, I believe.” And he worshiped Him.

Acts 4:12 - “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1 Peter 2:24 - “who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we having died to sins, might live for righteousness - by whose stripes you were healed.”

Philipians 2:5-8 - “Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

Revelation 1:17-18 - “Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.”

There could be many more added to this list - but these are some of my favourites. I wish I was better at memorizing, so that I could pull these out whenever I needed them.

1 comment :

Carla said...

Those are awesome verses Heather. A good refresher for me as a friend of mine is seeking and has been asking me many questions lately!