Wednesday, January 9

A New Room for James

I've already been thinking about how I want to decorate James' new room. I am hoping we will have him moved into his new room, and settled in by June - two months before the new baby arrives, and "steals" his old bedroom.

The room we are going to move him into is on the second floor, and is currently our office. We are going to move the office stuff into our basement. It's a really cute room, with bright windows, a dormer, a closet, and two crawl spaces. Right now it is painted a billiard table-green, which I think I'll keep. I want to do an animals theme (see photo of bedding below). I'm not sure if I'll order the border that goes with the set - it would be cute, but I am VERY anti-wallpaper.

It isn't ideal that he will be on the second floor, however Ryan has some snoring issues and actually sleeps up there more often than not. We'd also keep the gate on the stairs for the night, so I wouldn't be worried that he would try to come down in the dark. It's good because if Ryan is up there, he can look after James and I can look after baby downstairs. There is also a bathroom on the second floor, so when James starts toilet training he won't have far to go to the bathroom!
There are also two crawl spaces in that room. I think it would be super cute to finish out one of them, with paint, carpet and a light so James would have a secret hideout in his room!

Here are some pics of the (messy) room, and the bedding I want.

9 comments :

Nin said...

super cool! That is a real nice looking room! What a treat for James! And he's young enough to not feel "kicked out" which is always a plus. I love the bedding! And I too am anti wall paper. I'm sure if you decided to go for it it would look awesome, the patern is super cute.
Hope you're feeling well. :)

Erica H said...

Love the bedding, Heather! Its so boyish and fun! I like the color of your office walls, too. Hope you're feeling good - can't wait to see belly shots. ;)

Renee Shaw said...

love the bedding! also the crawl space for a hideout would be super cool!! good work.
I'm also anti-wallpaper, but if you do the border at a certain height it might look good!
good luck and happy decorating!

Ang said...

LOVE that room for James

Wenona said...

Neat! I would LOVE that room as a kid, man, I would still love a room with a secret place! lol. I've always wanted that. The bedding is also really cute and I think it would work well in the room with the paint color too. Might as well keep it if it works!
Take care of your little one Heather!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love the bedding!!

Drea said...

ever check out - http://www.ikea.com/ << they got great bedding! that bedding looks like its from olivekids.com their cute 2.

-Me- said...

I love the new room, it will look great....and I love love love the new bedding also!!!! We had a crawl space in our house in the city and we actually did have half of it set up with a TV and stuff in there for a while...we were already teenagers by that point though...my brother was basically the one who hung out in there...I'm sure james would love that! Oh, and about the wall paper...lol, when we moved out here there was wallpaper in almost every room that we ended up stripping...wallpaper sucks!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Very cool looking room and i love the bedding!!