Thursday, July 5

BC Trip Update

Our trip to BC was really great. We sort of pulled it together very last minute, as my brother came home from Mexico and could look after Ryan's business for a week while we went away. So, off we went.

We flew to Kelowna, spent one night, and then drove from Kelowna to Vancouver. Being one to relish a moment, and totally forget my camera, I have no pictures to prove any of this. All my memories are in my head.


On the drive, we made a pit stop in Abbottsford so that we could meet Jamie, Micah and Keziah! It was so neat to meet them, and the best part was that it felt totally normal.

We spent a few days in Vancouver. We went to Stanley Park, and took James to the Vancouver aquarium. He seemed to like the big fish tanks.

Then we were back on our way to Kelowna again - which was not a great drive. We got stuck in some pretty heavy traffic, James wouldn't nap, and then we hit fog, and a big downpour. It wasn't fun.

Once we were settled in Kelowna though, things were much better. The weather was perfect, there were ZERO mosquitos - and great friends. Again, I took very few photos - but I caught this beauty of James and daddy, and we did snap a few at the Red Rooster winery, and on Canada Day at the beach.


I also got to fulfill a life-long dream of mine. I picked and ate cherries right off the TREE! It was amazing!

All-in-all James did awesome on the trip. By the second night he was totally on BC time, which is 2 hour earlier than here at home. However, the last two days of the trip and travelling home have really thrown off his schedule - so nights have been pretty rough. Oh, and I made a quick IKEA stop too. I didn't get much, due to limited luggage space - but I did pick up this thing for James, and he LOVES it! Fifteen dollars well-spent.

4 comments :

Kell Rees said...

Beautiful pictures. It looks so relaxing by the mountains (or hills) and by the water.

Amber said...

I'm glad you had a good trip & that James travelled so well. I guess we didn't run into eachother anywhere, it's funny b/c we went to Ikea, Stanley Park & the Aquarium too :) I sure didn't miss the mosquitos while we were gone!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Are the rumors true that Jame is crawling backwards?

Janelle said...

oh i love the pictures Heather!!
i love BC too and think we should maybe make a trek out there - especially when i hear about NO mosquitos!, but i just HATE the mountain roads! i'm glad you were kept safe!!!
that IKEA toy looks awesome! i know Kamryn would have loved it - i think she still would!!