Wednesday, November 30

Ten Weeks & Totally Craving

Last night Ryan called another friend of his from B.C. to tell the news. It's fun every single time for me! I can hardly wait to tell the world.

So today marks ten weeks prego for me. Wow - how cool! I just feel totally blessed to still be prego, healthy, feeling pretty good and happy!

I've been having some definate cravings lately too. For the last two days I've been eating pan fried, potato and cheddar cheese perogies with sour cream. This may not sound like an odd craving, but considering that I've never wanted anything but boiled, cottage cheese perogies with cream gravy - it is a little off the beaten trail. Yesterday also marks the first day that I polished off a jar of pickles in one sitting. Although it was a small jar, Bick's Crunch 'Ems Garlic, I sat down to eat just a couple. I was going to put the jar away, but the pickles were so fresh, crunchy and garlicy that I had to have a few more. Before I knew it, I had emptied the jar and for a moment considered drinking the juice just for another taste. I may have to pick up some more at the store today. Come to think of it, doing something like that would usually induce some type of guilt or feeling icky - but it totally didn't. I just wanted more pickles!

2 comments :

Ang said...

Heather, Lesa taught me how to make the tastiest salad dressing in the world. It was giving me that pickle 'buzz' and I could drink a bowl of it by itself. It might help you get some greens down. It's Balsalmic Vinegar Dijon Mustard and Olive Oil. Just add little touches of Dijon to the Vinegar to your taste. Oil is added last. Tastes like Maui food, especially with Feta on Spinach.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm... sounds good. I'll try it!