Friday, November 4

Sharing the Good News

Last night, after weeks of torturous secret-keeping, I was finally able to tell my parents and my brother that we are expecting! It was so much fun! I gave my mom her birthday card, and she read it, but she didn't follow the arrow to turn the page as I had indicated. I pointed out to her that she had to turn the page, and she did. She lifted the flap, and stared blankly at the picture of my positive pregnancy test. And then she read the words "Can you wait 7.5 months to be a grandma?". She almost immediately burst into tears, and said "Are you pregnant?". I nodded 'yes', fighting back tears of my own. Matthew just exclaimed, "Oh! No way! Are you serious?". Dad was silent, I think he was in shock. Even Ryan had tears in his eyes. So much fun! They got up to come and hug us, and the waitress came by just at that moment to see the tearful, yet joyous moment. So much fun! Tonight we get to do it again, as we will be telling Ryan's parents, and calling his brother and sister-in-law and our niece and nephew in B.C. to tell them! Yay!

No comments :