Wednesday, April 1

Blessed (Pregnancy Post)

Can I be honest? A month ago I would not have thought I'd be celebrating my sixteenth week of pregnancy. I am (almost) without words to really describe the feeling I get everytime I think about my little baby, alive and well. I love it when people notice I'm pregnant. I love my bulging belly, it makes me feel SO beautiful! I love talking to James about being a big brother. I love planning his room, so that the baby can move into the nursery. I love being reminded that baby is there when I pull muscles trying to lift things, and rolling over in bed. Honestly, it just makes me smile. I love that I can listen to my baby's heart anytime, and that it always sounds strong. This is the strong, courageous baby that God promised me. It took longer than I thought, to have this baby - but God knew exactly who the perfect addition to our family would be. He chose THIS baby to be in our arms. But the BEST part about being sixteen weeks pregnant - I CAN FEEL THE BABY MOVING NOW!!!

7 comments :

Wenona said...

Awww Heather!! I think of you all the time and am SO happy for you and this precious child growing inside of you. How exciting that you can feel the baby moving, that is THE best feeling in the world.
Happy 16 weeks!!

Niki said...

I am so excited for you! So excited that you can experience the feeling of a baby moving again. What a blessing indeed!

Brandi said...

Praise God! I am so glad for you Heather that you can feel the assurance of those little kicks! Enjoy!

Lindsay said...

Yay! God is so good! So very excited and happy for you :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love that you are feeling the baby and yes you are a beautiful pregnant woman!

Carla said...

Hip hip horray! I am so glad you can feel your little bean moving around! What a great milestone. Such a comforting one!

patti said...

aww...it's so great that you can feel the baby moving now. i just wanted to say i always feel thankful after reading your blog...THANK YOU for that~!